Bachelors Degrees | Health Sciences – Health Wellness | Online Degree - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study: Health Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Health and Wellness emphasis)
Bachelor's in Health Sciences (Health and Wellness)
Excelsior College has been a leading innovator in health care education since the 1970s. And we're staying at the leading edge with new programs such as the online Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences (Health and Wellness emphasis).
Designed for working adults who need to balance school with jobs, families, and other commitments, Excelsior's health sciences degree can lead to opportunities in a dynamic sector of the health care industry. You'll take convenient online health and wellness classes on your own schedule, while benefiting from student-friendly policies that save time and money.
- You can earn credit for professional certificates and licenses, leaving you with fewer academic requirements to satisfy—and a shorter path to a bachelor's degree in health science. (You may be awarded up to 32 credits for your license.)
- Budget-friendly tuition and no enrollment fee* add up to an affordable health and wellness program.
- Award-winning academic advisors will help you choose the degree program and courses that fit your schedule and meet your professional goals.
- You'll enjoy direct interaction with classmates and faculty via Excelsior's robust online communities.
First-rate Academics in Health and Wellness, With Convenience and Flexibility
Excelsior College developed its health and wellness classes in consultation with industry professionals. Our online classes meet the same high academic standards that apply to health science programs at traditional universities and colleges. And they're led by responsive faculty who have many years of experience in health and wellness, both as practitioners and as teachers.
By choosing the area of emphasis in health and wellness, you'll gain practical knowledge and skills that directly reflect current research in subjects such as
- Natural healing
- Spirituality and health
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS Health Sciences Credit Requirements
BS in Health Sciences Credit Requirements
Minimum of 120 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 60 in health sciences courses, including 9 credits in the area of emphasis.
By completion of the program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills within organizations and evolving health care systems.
- Identify and evaluate evidence to guide decision making.
- Use a systematic approach and higher order thinking in responding to health care issues and societal needs.
- Integrate knowledge of culture and an appreciation for diversity in planning and evaluating health care.
- Implement evolving technologies in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of health care.
- Incorporate multiple strategies of communication to establish collaborative relationships with clients, members of the multidisciplinary team, and other stakeholders.
- Analyze legal, ethical, and policy issues within health care delivery systems.
- Implement specialized knowledge and skills in the management and delivery of health care services.
- Demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning in pursuit of excellence in the practice of a health care profession.
Catalog: Health Sciences
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.