Associates Degrees | Liberal Arts – Associate In Arts | Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Liberal Arts
Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts
Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts Degree
At Excelsior College, it's easier than ever to take the first step in your education.
Excelsior's online Associate in Arts in Liberal Arts builds on what you already know, so you can move forward in your education and career.
A national leader in adult education since 1971, Excelsior offers online classes in a practical format that removes obstacles. You can earn a liberal arts associate degree in less time, for less money, at Excelsior—while you maintain your family and job responsibilities.
You'll take all your courses online, where and when they fit into your schedule. And you can shorten the path to a liberal arts degree by:
- Transferring prior credits from other accredited colleges.
- Getting academic credit for many forms of real-world education, including military service and job-related training.
- Earning credit by exam—if you pass the test, you can skip the course altogether.
As a nonprofit college, Excelsior offers budget-friendly tuition and fees, so the cost of an associate degree won't slow you down. We also offer flexible payment plans to keep the liberal arts associate degree affordable for almost everyone.
A Shorter, Straighter Path to a Liberal Arts Associate Degree
While earning your online associate degree in liberal arts, you will:
- Take courses from top-notch professors drawn from campuses across the United States.
- Interact online with classmates and faculty members.
- Get academic support from one of our award-winning advisors, who will be assigned to you throughout your enrollment at Excelsior.
- Complete your liberal arts associate degree with a three-credit capstone course.
An associate degree in liberal arts can help you compete for better jobs, get promoted by your current employer, or continue your education in a bachelor's degree program. You'll have better skills, more responsibility, greater respect, and a higher level of credibility.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
liberal arts AA info block
AA in Liberal Arts Credit Requirements
Minimum of 60 semester hours: 48 hours in arts and sciences and 12 hours in applied professional courses, additional arts and sciences courses, or a combination of both.
Catalog: Liberal Arts
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.