Bachelors Degrees | Social Science Degree | Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Liberal Arts
Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences
Bachelor's in Social Sciences Degree
The online Bachelor of Science in Social Sciences degree offers the freedom to explore a broad range of subjects. It also provides a foundation of versatile skills that can help you succeed in today's fast-changing workplace, and compete for jobs in a wide range of industries.
Excelsior College's social sciences degree program stands out for its flexibility and convenience—ideal for working adults. You can earn the degree quickly and affordably, in an online format that lets you fit courses in comfortably alongside family and work responsibilities.
Excelsior has been educating America's adults since 1971. We've developed innovative solutions to the educational challenges that working adults face, eliminating barriers so you can complete your degree.
- Excelsior's online social sciences classes are offered on a rotating eight-week basis, giving you the flexibility to fit courses conveniently into your schedule.
- Our liberal credit-transfer policies maximize the value of college courses you've taken from other accredited institutions—and reduce the number of courses you need to take from Excelsior.
- We award academic credit for qualified forms of military education, professional training, and work experience.
- You'll pay affordable tuition and low student fees, with a flexible payment option that helps you manage the cost of a social sciences degree.
- Our outstanding team of advisors are always available to provide you with responsive, personalized academic support.
A Social Sciences Degree Designed for Working Adults
Our online social sciences degree program meets the same high academic standards as a comparable degree from an on-campus college. You'll work with experienced faculty who've taught at institutions across the country, while interacting with classmates and instructors via Excelsior's advanced online tools.
A social sciences degree fosters skills you can market in many different industries. It can help you advance your career in such fields as sales, marketing, business management and administration, law, government, journalism, education, and nonprofit work.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Bachelor's of Social Science info block
BS in Social Sciences Credit Requirements
Minimum of 120 credits: 60 credits (21 in upper level) in arts and sciences and 60 credits (9 in upper level) in applied professional courses, additional arts and sciences courses or a combination of both. Concentration: minimum of 33 credits, with at least 18 at the upper level including a 3 credit capstone course and a minimum 2.0 GPA required.
Catalog: Liberal Arts
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.