CPNE® Testing Locations
Choose at least three testing locations to minimize your wait time. The wait time to test at each CPNE site varies with the application volume for each site.
Certain testing sites will require you to provide additional credentials, documentation, and/or agree to drug screening before your exam date. For more information, contact the CPNE Performance Assessment Center (CPAC).
You’ll receive directions to your testing location with your CPNE test date confirmation. At some locations, your skills labs and pediatric populations may be in different buildings. Plan to arrive the day before your scheduled exam to prevent cancellation due to unexpected travel delays.
- Albany Medical Center, Albany
- St. Peter’s Healthcare, Albany
- Glens Falls Hospital, Glens Falls
- Ellis Hospital, Schenectady (PCS only)
- Faxton-St. Luke’s Healthcare, New Hartford (Utica)
- Orange Regional Medical Center, Middletown*
- Upstate University Hospital, Syracuse (PCS only)
- Columbus, OH (NSL only)
*These hospitals require additional fees for credentialing, background checks, and/or drug screening. Please message CPNE-Inquiry for more information.
TRAVEL AND LODGING
- Students will need to make all travel and lodging arrangements. A list of travel considerations and lodging will be included in your confirmation packet.
- Make travel arrangements (hotel, airline, etc.) upon receiving CPNE date.
- Hotels may provide shuttle service; inquire when making hotel reservations.
- Plan to arrive in the city of the test site the day before the examination and depart several hours after the end of the exam. The exam ends approximately between 5-6 pm.
- The CPNE is rarely cancelled due to inclement weather. Add additional travel time to accommodate bad weather conditions, especially if traveling during winter months.
Students are not permitted to enter nursing units until the PCS portion of the CPNE.
In the event of any travel delays or other concerns call 888-647-2388 or send a message to CPNE-Inquiry in MyExcelsior’s message center.