Nursing Theory Online Courses
The nursing theory series includes 8 requirements across Phases I and II of the associate curriculum. You’ll need to finish the first phase before starting the second.
PHASE I Courses
- Essentials of Nursing Care: Health Differences
- Essentials of Nursing Care: Health Safety
- Foundations in Nursing Practice
- Transition to the Professional Nurse Role
PHASE II Courses
- Health Differences Across the Life Span 1
- Health Differences Across the Life Span 2
- Health Differences Across the Life Span 3
- Reproductive Health
HOW TO REGISTER FOR ONLINE NURSING COURSES
- Browse upcoming nursing course offerings.
- Review term start dates and registration deadlines.
- Obtain your advisor’s approval to take the courses you want.
- Register for your course(s) and purchase required textbooks.
PLANNING TO APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID?
If you take at least 6 credits of online nursing courses in a given term, you’re eligible to pay your tuition with federal student aid. For tuition costs, visit the tuition and aid page.
To apply for financial aid: submit your FAFSA, receive course approval, and then complete your financial aid study plan before the first day of course registration. The financial aid team requires 7-10 days to package an offer once your financial aid study plan is submitted.
Check your MyExcelsior messages and email for alerts from the financial aid team regarding the status of your financial aid package and/or award letter. If you haven’t accepted a financial aid package before course registration opens, you’ll need to provide another form of payment to secure a seat in your course(s). You may be reimbursed if afterward you accept a financial aid package.
For more information, speak with a financial aid counselor at 855-323-9235.