Associate Degrees | Public Service – Criminal Justice - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Public Service Programs
Associate in Science in Criminal Justice
Associate in Criminal Justice Degree
All evidence suggests a growing need for a college degree in order to obtain a position or advance your career in criminal justice and protective services. Organizations increasingly require higher education when considering candidates. Position yourself to work in this field with Excelsior's online Associate in Science in Criminal Justice program. The AS in Criminal Justice is also the perfect springboard for earning a Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Criminal Justice at Excelsior and further enhance your credentials.
A Realistic Way to Earn Your Associate Degree in Criminal Justice
Excelsior's flexible associate degree in criminal justice is specifically designed to meet the needs of working adults like you. We'll provide you with a highly practical and affordable way to complete your degree online.
- Take 8-week online courses in criminal justice without sacrificing work or family responsibilities.
- Transfer up to 57 prior credits so you can spend less and finish your degree as quickly as possible.
- Get academic credit for certain types of criminal justice training, military training, job training, and work experience.
- Enjoy affordable tuition and interest-free payment plans that help you stay on budget.
Whether you're just starting out or looking to advance, the Associate in Science in Criminal Justice at Excelsior will provide you with the education you need to enter, or move forward in your career. By successfully completing this degree, you will gain a better understanding of your job options and attain the following criminal justice program outcomes:
- Describe the components of the criminal justice system
- Outline the major sociological and psychological theories of crime
- Explain the application of ethics in criminal justice decision-making
- Discuss diversity-related issues impacting the criminal justice system
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Catalog: Public Service
AS Criminal Justice: Credit Requirements
AS in Criminal Justice: Core Courses
General Education: 30 Credits
- Written English Requirement
- Social Sciences / History
- Natural Sciences / Math
- Arts & Sciences Electives
Core Courses: 18 Credits
- CJ101 Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CJ110 Introduction to Law Enforcement
- CJ120 Introduction to Corrections
- CJ 256 Criminal Justice Administration
- CJ265 Criminal Procedure & Evidence
- CJ298 Criminal Justice Capstone
Electives: 12 Credits
INL102 Information Literacy (1-3 credits, may be included in Electives)
Catalog: Public Service
Public Service: Criminal Justice Training Assessment Intro
Maximize Prior Training
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.