Bachelors Degrees | Public Service – Criminal Justice, Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Agency Management - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Public Service Programs
Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Agency Management
Bachelor's in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
The emerging field of homeland security and emergency management focuses on providing education in the coordination of law enforcement, homeland security and emergency response activities between agencies and across governmental jurisdictions and boundaries.
The Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management (Agency Management emphasis) is designed for individuals looking to begin or advance their career in homeland security and/or the management of interagency planning and communication, including preparation for, mitigation of, and recovery from local, regional, or national emergencies that require the involvement of first responders such as law enforcement officers, firefighters, paramedics, and other personnel.
A Practical, Online Bachelor's Degree
Designed to meet the needs of working adults, Excelsior College will help you:
- Finish your program by taking flexible, online courses in homeland security and emergency management.
- Earn your degree sooner by receiving maximum transfer credit for your previous college work.
- Receive academic credit for prior military experience, academy training, professional service, and first-responder training.
- Keep your college costs manageable with reasonable tuition rates, financial aid, and flexible payment plans.
Cross-disciplinary courses in this program will provide you with leadership skills in collaboration across agencies preventing and responding to a spectrum of public threats.
Pursue an Exciting Career in Emergency Management
Job opportunities in homeland security and emergency management are projected to grow as federal, state, and local governments, as well as private organizations, deal with increasing threat levels that require interagency cooperation. The BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management with agency management emphasis will give you practical, job-ready expertise in subjects such as:
- Business operations
- Human resource management
- Labor relations
- Organizational behavior
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS CJ HS EM Outcomes and Reqs
BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management Degree Credit Requirements
The bachelor's program includes 18 core credits, a 3-credit capstone course, a 9-credit emphasis area that allows students to focus on topics related to their interests and career aspirations, and a 3-credit elective course. Program Outcomes
With a BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management, you will be prepared to:
- Characterize homeland security and emergency management interoperability.
- Analyze risks and threats within the context of homeland security and emergency management.
- Evaluate the impact of hazardous events on homeland security and emergency management policies, procedures, and planning.
- Scrutinize ethical issues in homeland security and emergency management and produce possible solutions.
Catalog: Public Service
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.