Bachelors Degrees | Public Service – Criminal Justice, Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Cybersecurity - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Public Service Programs
Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management - Cybersecurity
Bachelor's in Homeland Security and Emergency Management (Cybersecurity)
As the incidence of cybercrime and cyberterrorism continues to rise, so does the need for skilled cybersecurity professionals within private companies, nonprofit organizations, and federal, state, and local governments.
The Bachelor of Science in Homeland Security and Emergency Management (Cybersecurity emphasis) was designed to help those looking to develop careers in security assessment and defensive information technology and computer systems within corporations and agencies such as the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), and Department of Defense (DoD).
A Practical, Online Bachelor's Degree
As an institution dedicated to supporting working adults as they complete their degrees online, Excelsior College will enable you to:
- Take flexible, online courses in homeland security, emergency management, and cybersecurity.
- Complete your degree program in less time by transferring more of your prior college credits.
- Apply prior military experience, academy training, professional service, and first-responder training toward your program requirements.
- Manage your budget with reasonable tuition rates, financial aid opportunities, and flexible payment plans.
Pursue an Exciting Career in Cybersecurity
After gaining a foundation in homeland security, emergency management, domestic terrorism, comparative national security, and infrastructure security, completing the 9-credit emphasis in cybersecurity will futher prepare students to detect digital threats and defend IT systems against attacks from criminal hackers and cyberterrorists. Students choose elective courses in:
- Computer system security
- Cyber-attacks and defense
- Detection of digital threats
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS CJ HS EM Outcomes and Reqs
BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management Degree Credit Requirements
The bachelor's program includes 18 core credits, a 3-credit capstone course, a 9-credit emphasis area that allows students to focus on topics related to their interests and career aspirations, and a 3-credit elective course. Program Outcomes
With a BS in Homeland Security and Emergency Management, you will be prepared to:
- Characterize homeland security and emergency management interoperability.
- Analyze risks and threats within the context of homeland security and emergency management.
- Evaluate the impact of hazardous events on homeland security and emergency management policies, procedures, and planning.
- Scrutinize ethical issues in homeland security and emergency management and produce possible solutions.
Catalog: Public Service
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.