Associat Degrees | Technology – Electromechanical Technologies - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Technology: AS in Technology: Electromechanical Technologies Area of Focus
Associate in Technology (Electromechanical Technologies)
There’s high demand for the skills that come with an electromechanical technology associate degree. You can master these skills in less time, for less money at Excelsior College by earning an online Associate in Science in Technology (Electromechanical Technologies focus).
Excelsior solves the problems that often prevent working adults from completing an associate technology degree. We help you achieve your goals by offering:
- Online technology classes that you take at your convenience, where and when your schedule permits.
- Generous transfer policies that grant you maximum credit for your previous college work, and reduce the number of courses you need to graduate.
- Budget-friendly tuition and student fees that make an associate technology degree more affordable.
- Academic credit for qualifying types of training that you’ve acquired in the military or on the job. Students with military training may be able to graduate more quickly in Excelsior’s AAS in Technical Studies with focus in Electromechanical Technologies.
- An online associate technology degree that feeds directly into our Bachelor of Science in Technology program.
Fit an Associate Technology Degree into Your Schedule and Budget
A pioneer in distance learning and workforce development since 1971, Excelsior has helped thousands of students earn a degree that leads to better job opportunities, higher pay, and a more rewarding life. You’ll take online technology classes that have passed the highest academic standards, while working with faculty who have years of classroom experience and industry training.
By focusing on electromechanical technologies, you’ll develop solid skills in such subjects as:
- Electronics and circuits
- Applied thermodynamics
- Materials science
You’ll graduate with a marketable associate technology degree and practical skills that you can use right away in industries such as manufacturing, energy, health care, and consumer electronics.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Program: Technology: AS in Technology Degree Requirements
AS in Technology Credit Requirements
61 credits: 30 in arts and sciences; 30 in the technology component to include at least 18 credits in the area of focus, plus a maximum of 12 credits in technical electives, including at least 3 credits to satisfy the computer applications requirement; and the 1 credit information literacy requirement.
We expect that as an Excelsior College Associate in Science in Technology graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Apply observation and measurement skills to develop quantitative expressions of natural science phenomena.
- Apply algebra, trigonometry, and higher order mathematics to solve technology related problems.
- Demonstrate introductory college-level proficiency in one or more of the social sciences.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of diverse cultural heritage, interpersonal relationships, the relationship between technology and society, and personal values to make intelligent and discerning judgments.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in computer applications used in technology areas.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.