Testing Locations - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study- Nursing
CPNE: Testing Locations Header
CPNE® Testing Locations
CPNE: Testing Locations Content
Availability of locations subject to change.
Choose at least three testing locations to minimize your wait time. The wait time to test at each CPNE site varies with the application volume for each site.
Certain testing sites will require you to provide additional credentials, documentation, and/or agree to drug screening before your exam date. For more information, contact the CPNE Performance Assessment Center (CPAC).
You’ll receive directions to your testing location with your CPNE test date confirmation. At some locations, your skills labs and pediatric populations may be in different buildings. Plan to arrive the day before your scheduled exam to prevent cancellation due to unexpected travel delays.
*These hospitals require additional fees for credentialing, background checks, and/or drug screening. Please message CPNE-Inquiry for more information.
Travel and Lodging
- Students will need to make all travel and lodging arrangements. A list of travel considerations and lodging will be included in your confirmation packet.
- Make travel arrangements (hotel, airline, etc.) upon receiving CPNE date.
- Hotels may provide shuttle service; inquire when making hotel reservations.
- Plan to arrive in the city of the test site the day before the examination and depart several hours after the end of the exam. The exam ends approximately between 5-6 pm.
- The CPNE is rarely cancelled due to inclement weather. Add additional travel time to accommodate bad weather conditions, especially if traveling during winter months.
Students are not permitted to enter nursing units until the PCS portion of the CPNE.
In the event of any travel delays or other concerns call 888-647-2388 ext. 1312 or send a message to CPNE-Inquiry in MyExcelsior's message center.
CPNE: Pass Rates
CPNE and NCLEX Pass Rates
View pass rates for the CPNE and National Council Licensure Examination-RN (NCLEX-RN®). Note: If you don't pass your initial CPNE, you'll need to retake and pass all portions of a subsequent exam to complete your associate nursing program at Excelsior College. In this scenario, you're responsible for payment of all fees and expenses related to the retake.
Important Info About Test Preparation Providers
Beware of Test Preparation Providers!
Excelsior College does not contract with or endorse the services of, or study materials sold by, any test preparation providers. Be cautious of anyone selling test preparation services or materials; whatever they may say to you, they are not affiliated with Excelsior College. As an enrolled student, you'll be guided to the right learning resources and services. Learn more.