Become a Certified Child Development Associate (CDA)
Childcare professionals play a vital role in early childhood development. This 100% online course will train you for a career in child development and help you pass the Council of Professional Recognition’s CDA certification exam. Key topics include procedures and strategies for creating a safe and enriching childcare environment.
BS in Electrical Engineering
HVCC Class of 2005
Job Outlook for Childcare Professionals
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that the demand for childcare professionals is projected to increase by 11% through the year 2026, which is slightly faster than the average.
- The average annual salary for childcare professionals is $21,170 and $28,790 for preschool teachers. With experience in the field, that wage could increase.
Child Development Associate Training FAQs
Child Development Associate Training Objectives
- Understand development stages for infants, toddlers and preschool-aged children
- Build the ability to establish positive and productive relationships with school personnel, families, and child students
- Effectively manage a childcare facility
- Know standard procedures and strategies needed to provide a safe and enriching childcare environment
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no specific prerequisites for taking this course. This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
- Childcare & Education I
Business aspects of childcare facilities; personnel techniques and procedures
- Childcare & Education II
Establishing positive relationships with parents and families; providing a safe and secure childcare environment
- Childcare & Education III
Development stages for infants, toddlers, and pre-school age children; effective techniques for fostering positive self esteem
- Childcare & Education IV
Early childhood academic and enrichment activities; managing behaviors, resolving conflicts
Darlene Lawrence is an academic coach and childcare and education instructor with five years of experience. She holds a bachelor’s degree in business administration and a master’s degree in teaching.