Ways to Give - Alumni
Page Hero - Alumni and Donors
Donors: Ways to Give
Ways to Give
Gifts in all sizes and in different ways are powerful investments in the futures of Excelsior's students, and are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the Internal Revenue Code.
Consider an automatic recurring gift using your credit card or bank deduction (EFT). Fill out and return our Sustainers Program Pledge Form or select the Recurring Gift option in the online donation form.
How Can I Give?
Use our secure server to donate.
You can even select an automatic recurring gift option when you donate online.
- Mail a check or money order made out to Excelsior College,
- Send us your credit card information including card number, expiration date, and name of the cardholder as it appears on the card,
- Fill out and return our Sustainers Program Pledge Form to set up an automatic recurring donation.
Include your contact information and donation instructions and mail to:
Office of Development
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203
Over the Phone:
Call 888-647-2388 and ask to speak with an Office of Development staff member. We’ll be happy to help.
What can I Donate list
What Can I Donate?
- Cash: Excelsior College accepts VISA, MasterCard, Discover or American Express, as well as checks. We can also arrange for easy recurring monthly gifts.
- Stocks and Bonds: Your broker can transfer securities to the College or send unsigned stock certificates by certified mail to the Office of Development. For gifts of stock, shares may be delivered two ways. Gifts may be sent electronically to one of Excelsior's brokers. Any stock gift delivered electronically must be received in the College's account before the markets close on December 31, in order for a donor to receive credit for the stock gift in that calendar year. By completing the Donor Letter of Direction that will be provided to you, Excelsior College will be made aware of your gift intent and process your gift more efficiently when the stock is received. Stock gifts may be physically delivered to the College. Gifts must be postmarked, or be in the Office of Development, on or before December 31. Please do not endorse the stock certificates. In a separate envelope, mail a signed stock power. For further assistance, contact Dawn Gerrain, Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, at email@example.com
- Planned Gift: Excelsior College accepts many planned gift instruments including life income gifts and bequests. For assistance in planning your gift to Excelsior College, contact Dawn Gerrain, Chief Marketing and Business Development Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Real Estate and Tangible Personal Property: Excelsior accepts gifts of real estate allowing you to claim a charitable deduction for the fair market value of the real estate. The College also accepts gifts of tangible personal property, or "gifts in kind," for which the donor can claim a tax deduction for the appraised value of the gift on the date the gift is made.
Matching Gifts Search iframe
Matching Gift Programs Maximize Your Impact
Many employers sponsor matching gift programs and will match any charitable contributions or volunteer hours made by their employees. The impact of your gift to Excelsior College may be doubled or possibly tripled! Some companies match gifts made by retirees and/or spouses. To find out if your company has a matching gift policy, please enter your employer's name below and follow the instructions.