Bachelors MBA Degrees | Health Care Management | Dual Degree - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study: Health Sciences
Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management with dual degree option for MBA
BS in Health Care Management/ MBA Dual Degree
Now more than ever, the health care industry needs strong leadership. You can become one of those leaders by earning an online Bachelor of Science in Health Care Management with dual degree option for MBA from Excelsior College.
Designed for working adults, including those currently employed in the health care industry, Excelsior's flexible health care management degree program can fit within tight schedules. You'll take online classes that won't interfere with work and family commitments, earning a career-building degree that employers respect.
A national leader in adult education and distance learning, Excelsior eliminates obstacles and empowers working adults to complete a health care management degree. Our program will enable you to:
- Control your own schedule by taking online health care management classes when and where it's convenient for you.
- Get academic credit for health care licenses and certificates. Excelsior is one of the few colleges nationwide to offer this type of credit.
- Earn maximum transfer credit for approved coursework you've completed at other accredited colleges.
- Keep expenses low with affordable tuition, flexible payment plans, low fees, and various forms of financial aid.
- Call on award-winning academic advisors who offer personalized support whenever you need it.
You'll graduate with a pair of highly marketable health care management degrees that can broaden your career opportunities, boost your earning potential, and qualify you for leadership positions.
Advance Your Career With a Flexible, Affordable BS / MBA in Health Care Management
An academic leader among online institutions, Excelsior developed its health care management program in collaboration with leading experts in the industry. Our course materials uphold the same high classroom standards that govern health care programs at traditional institutions, and they're constantly revised to reflect current trends.
Our faculty have years of first-hand health care industry experience and are highly accessible. The health care management BS / MBA dual degree emphasizes practical knowledge and expertise in:
- Human resources
- Organizational culture
- Health care law and government regulations
- Medical terminology and technology
- Health care economics
You can tailor the degree to your own interests by specializing in one of six areas of concentration:
- Human Performance Technology
- Technology Management
- Cybersecurity Management
- Human Resource Management
- Social Media Management
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS / MBA Health Care Management Credit Requirements
BS / MBA Health Care Management Credit Requirements
147-credits. Undergraduate: 60 in arts and sciences, 36 professional components, 15 additional credits (medical terminology, information literacy, other college-level). Bridge: 9 credits. Graduate: 27 credits.
Upon successful completion of the BS Health Care Management program, the graduate will be able to:
- Use theories of leadership and organizational behavior to define and implement management practices in health care settings.
- Apply principles of budgeting and finance to effectively plan and manage resources within a health care organization.
- Use knowledge of health and illness, health care systems, and health care consumers to guide decision making and promote quality within health care environments.
- Implement the manager role using a legal and ethical framework.
- Incorporate multiple strategies of communication to establish collaborative relationships with members of the leadership team and other stakeholders.
- Use evidence based practice to guide human resource, clinical, and administrative decisions.
- Manage a diverse workforce in providing health care for an increasingly heterogeneous population.
- Demonstrate a commitment to life-long learning in pursuit of excellence in managing and leading within the health care environment.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College MBA program, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze real-world business problems and generate recommendations for action.
- Integrate accounting, marketing, finance, management, and economics into a strategic business analysis.
- Assess the impact of the global business environment on business situations.
- Apply quantitative methods to analysis of business situations.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Communicate effectively to relevant audiences in written materials.
- Collaborate in teams to produce required deliverables.
- Apply Project Management skills to business situations.
- Assess the ethical implications of actions for diverse stakeholders.
Catalog: Health Sciences
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.