Welcome to Technical Support Help
System Requirements and Supported Devices
Find information about system requirements and supported devices on this page. If you have any questions or need technical help, please contact us:
Hardware & System Requirements
As part of our commitment to supporting student success, Excelsior has outlined the following hardware and system requirements. Please review these requirements to ensure an optimal learning experience.
Note: Students in the Associate Degree in Nursing program (ADN) must also meet the system requirements for both Wolters Kluwer & Lippincott and ATI Nursing Education course software.
Canvas System Requirements
Visit the Canvas System Requirements page for the minimum operating system, device, and browser requirements, and to ensure your device is up to date.
To access all of your course content, you will need to use a Windows or Apple device. Examples are provided in the table below.
|Required Primary Devices||Can Be Used as Secondary Device|
|Windows Laptop||Mobile Phones|
|MacBook Air, MacBook Pro||Tablets, i.e. iPad, Microsoft Surface|
|iMac, Mac mini|
Antivirus & Antispyware
Excelsior nor the colleges and universities working with Excelsior to offer online courses are responsible for preventing malware infections or providing technical support for any computer protection software you may choose to install.
Excelsior recommends that you obtain computer protection software (software that protects your computer from malware viruses, spyware, etc.) since these programs are not developed by Excelsior, if you have any technical support questions or problems regarding these programs, you will need to contact the respective program vendor.
Frequently Asked Questions
To retrieve your password:
- Go to the MyExcelsior login screen.
- Click on “Forgot password”.
- Enter your email address and username.
- You will see this message: “Check your email for your Excelsior University password reset link.”
- Check your email for the password reset link, and click “Verify your account”.
- You will be prompted to enter your email address, date of birth and zip code. Once this information has been filled in, click on the red “Submit” button.
- On the next screen, you will be prompted to type and re-type your password. Once this is filled in, click on the red “Submit” button.
- You will see a confirmation message and that you have been logged out. You can now return to the login screen and log in with your username and new password.
To retrieve your username:
- Go to the MyExcelsior login screen.
- Click on “Forgot Username”.
- Enter your email address and click on the “Submit” button.
- You will receive an email containing your username.
Contact us directly if you are unable to log in with your correct user name and password.
Please note, the following regions are blocked due to security concerns: Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, China, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cuba, Cyprus, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mauritania, Moldova, Nigeria, North Korea, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Venezuela.
Excelsior University is currently unable to provide a discounted or free version of Microsoft Office to students. We are currently in the process of implementing systems required by Microsoft for this program. Office 365 Personal, which includes the Microsoft Word program, is available for both Microsoft and Apple computers – for more information, please visit their website here. You may also be able to use the free Office Online product here.
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Open Firefox
- Click the menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data…
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
The fastest way to clear your cache is to use following keyboard shortcut: [CMD] + [ALT] + [E].
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose History > Clear History, then click the pop-up menu.
- Choose how far back you want your browsing history cleared.
Availability of Technical Support
|Level 1||24/7/365 including University holidays
|Level 2||Monday – Thursday 9:00 am to 9:30 pm ET
Friday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm ET
Saturday & Sunday 9:00am – 3:00 pm ET
Excludes all University holidays
|Level 3||Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm ET, excludes all University holidays
Weekly Downtime Schedule
Excelsior University systems will undergo general maintenance every Wednesday from 5 AM – 7 AM EST. During this maintenance period, all systems, including the Excelsior University website and on-line courses, will be unavailable.
Quarterly Downtime Schedule
In order to introduce new technical services, upgrades and routine maintenance, all systems including the Excelsior University website, online courses and phones, will be unavailable during the following dates. Hours of downtime for each will be 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST, unless designated otherwise.
- Quarter 1 (July-Sept) Second Saturday in September
- Quarter 3 (Jan-Mar) Third Saturday in March
- Quarter 4 (Apr-Jun) Third Saturday in May
Add us to your address book to ensure our emails get through
Spam (unsolicited or unwanted electronic messages) accounts for more than half of all email sent. Many email providers use spam filters to keep these unwanted messages from reaching your Inbox. As a result, even if you’ve signed up to receive email from Excelsior University, our emails may be blocked, routed to your spam folder, or displayed incorrectly by these filters. Add us to your address book to make sure our emails get through.
Add these addresses:
Instructions for adding addresses: