Technical Support Help
Please contact your admissions counselor.
- Open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More .
- Click More tools Clear browsing data.
- At the top, choose a time range. To delete everything, select All time.
- Next to “Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files,” check the boxes.
- Click Clear data.
- Open Firefox
- Click the menu button and choose Options.
- Select the Privacy & Security panel.
- In the Cookies and Site Data section, click Clear Data…
- Remove the check mark in front of Cookies and Site Data.
- With Cached Web Content check marked, click the Clear button.
- Close the about:preferences page. Any changes you’ve made will automatically be saved.
The fastest way to clear your cache is to use following keyboard shortcut: [CMD] + [ALT] + [E].
- In the Safari app on your Mac, choose History > Clear History, then click the pop-up menu.
- Choose how far back you want your browsing history cleared.
Excelsior University is currently unable to provide a discounted or free version of Microsoft Office to students. We are currently in the process of implementing systems required by Microsoft for this program. Office 365 Personal, which includes the Microsoft Word program, is available for both Microsoft and Apple computers – for more information, please visit their website here. You may also be able to use the free Office Online product here.
Excelsior University utilizes Canvas to host our course material. While Canvas offers a mobile application for students, Excelsior University Technical Support is unable to support the use of this. If you utilize this app and have any issues with it, please make sure the app is up to date and report any further issues directly to Canvas through the app store or the Canvas Community page. Guidelines may be found here.
Contact us directly if you are unable to log in with your correct user name and password.
Please note, the following regions are blocked due to security concerns: Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, China, Cocos (Keeling) Islands, Cuba, Cyprus, Egypt, Georgia, Iran, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mauritania, Moldova, Nigeria, North Korea, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Singapore, Slovakia, Turkmenistan, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, and Venezuela.
Can’t remember your password? Do the following:
- Go to the MyExcelsior login screen.
- Click on the words “Login Help”.
- On the Login Help screen, enter the first and last name you used to create your account.
- Select the Continue button.
- Enter the required identification information, then choose either:
a. “Get Username or Reset Password” button to retrieve your password immediately
b. “To receive your Password via email” option, and enter an email address to which we can send your password within 2 hours.
Change your password and edit other profile information and preferences using My Profile:
- Log in to MyExcelsior.
- Go My Details.
- In the My Profile section select the profile edit link.
- Within the My Profile edit screen scroll down to “Change your password and secret question.”
- Enter your current password and then enter your new password twice. Mouse over the purple question mark symbol for password requirements.
- Create a secret question and answer which we will use as a security precaution during a password recovery request.
- Select the Continue button until you receive a message that your profile has been successfully updated.
Add us to your address book to ensure our emails get through
Spam (unsolicited or unwanted electronic messages) accounts for more than half of all email sent. Many email providers use spam filters to keep these unwanted messages from reaching your Inbox. As a result, even if you’ve signed up to receive email from Excelsior University, our emails may be blocked, routed to your spam folder, or displayed incorrectly by these filters. Add us to your address book to make sure our emails get through.
Add these addresses:
Instructions for adding addresses:
In order to receive technical support from Excelsior University, you must meet our minimum system requirements.
A note about Windows operating systems: Microsoft periodically ends support for its older operating systems. Our minimum computer system requirement in the chart below reflects these changes.
Mobile Operating Systems & Chromebooks
Please note that mobile operating systems (Android, ChromeOS, iOS, Windows Teams) are not fully supported for use with the Canvas system. For this reason, we do not recommend using a device running these operating systems as your primary device for accessing your course material. While you should be able to access most of your course content using one of these devices, you will not be able to access Presentation files, some movies, and some interactive activities. To access all of your course content, you will need to use a Windows or Apple device running one of the supported operating systems listed below. You can see more information about this on What are the basic computer specifications for Canvas?
Web browsers listed in the chart below have been tested and validated for use with our Website. Other web browsers not listed may not work as well. We strongly recommended that you use one of the supported web browsers.
Please see our system requirements here
Download the free Adobe Reader plug-in
In order to view PDF documents, your computer must have the free Adobe Acrobat Reader installed with the latest version available for your operating system.
Use the Get Adobe Reader link below to download the plug-in, then follow the installation instructions available on the download page.
Antivirus and Antispyware
*Please note that neither Excelsior University nor colleges and universities working with Excelsior University to offer online courses are responsible for preventing malware infections or providing technical support for any computer protection software you may choose to install. Therefore, since these programs are not developed by Excelsior University, if you have any technical support questions or problems regarding these programs, you will need to contact the respective program vendor.
Where can I get computer protection software?
Excelsior University recommends that you obtain computer protection software (software that protects your computer from malware viruses, spyware, etc.). There are multiple resources, such as this, that allow you to research which option is best for you.
Weekly Downtime Schedule
Excelsior University systems will undergo general maintenance every Wednesday from 5 AM – 7 AM EST. During this maintenance period, all systems, including the Excelsior University website and on-line courses, will be unavailable.
Quarterly Downtime Schedule
In order to introduce new technical services, upgrades and routine maintenance, all systems including the Excelsior University website, online courses and phones, will be unavailable during the following dates. Hours of downtime for each will be 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM EST, unless designated otherwise.
- Quarter 1 (July-Sept) Second Saturday in September
- Quarter 3 (Jan-Mar) Third Saturday in March
- Quarter 4 (Apr-Jun) Third Saturday in May
Availability of Technical Support
|Level 1||24/7/365 including University holidays
|Level 2||Monday – Thursday 9:00 am to 9:30 pm ET
Friday 9:00 am – 4:30 pm ET
Saturday & Sunday 9:00am – 3:00 pm ET
Excludes all University holidays
|Level 3||Monday through Friday 9:00 am to 4:30 pm ET, excludes all University holidays