International Nursing Applicant Requirements
International students should review the following admissions requirements for Nursing undergraduate and graduate degree programs:
ASSOCIATE IN NURSING DEGREE PROGRAMS
Excelsior College does not admit international students to the associate-level nursing programs.
BACHELOR’S AND MASTER’S IN NURSING DEGREE PROGRAMS
International students considering our nursing bachelor’s and master’s programs are welcome to apply.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You’ll need an equivalent U.S. Registered Nurse (RN) license.
- You must be a graduate from an approved school of nursing in your home country of education, and hold an active and unencumbered nursing license.
- If you’re licensed in multiple jurisdictions and/or countries, all your licenses must be active and unencumbered.
- All your nursing school transcripts and licenses will be verified by contact with the primary source of the information. You’ll also need to apply to:
- The Commission on Graduate of Foreign Nursing Schools (CGFNS)
- New York Credential Verification Service (NYCVS)
- The New York State Education Department (NYSED). The NYSED only issues an official eligibility document to applicants directly, and will not send the document to Excelsior College. You must forward the unopened official eligibility document to Excelsior College by taking the official NYSED document in its sealed envelope, and inserting the unopened envelope into an outer envelope and forward it to Excelsior College. You should also write your full name, permanent address, and date of birth on the outer envelope.All official documents must be in sealed envelopes from the original source. In the event that Excelsior receives an opened document, it will be considered unofficial and will not be considered for eligibility or evaluation, and the opened document will be returned to you. In this case, it becomes your responsibility to contact NYSED or ICD and request another unopened official copy to supplied to Excelsior.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY REQUIREMENT
If you’re from a non-English speaking country, you’ll need to show your English language proficiency through one of the following options:
- Submission of TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) or IELTS (International English Language Testing System) taken within the last two years.
- Successful completion of UExcel® exam ENGx111 English Composition or UExcel®exam ENGx110 College Writing.
- Submission of evidence of completion of at least 9 credit hours of academic work in courses delivered in English at an institution of higher education in the United States.
More detailed application information and instructions are found in the application for admission.
READY TO APPLY?
If you don’t already have one, you’ll be prompted to create a MyExcelsior account when you begin your application. The application fee is $50. You can save your work and go back to it later if you need to.