Credit for IT Certifications, Training, and Exams
|CCNA Routing and Switching||6 UL|
|CCNA Security||3 UL|
|Information Systems||3 LL|
Your certification needs to be within a certain date range. Contact Admissions to see how to apply you certification towards your degree.
*For the BIX with Information Security concentration, the CASP will satisfy the Overview of Computer Security core as well as the Information Assurance Management concentration requirement.
|Computing and Information Technology||3 LL|
|Management Information Systems||3 LL|
|Fundamentals of Cybersecurity||3 UL|
|Certified Ethical Hacker||3 UL|
|Behavioral Malware Analysis (formerly Basic Malware Analysis)||3 LL|
|Cyber Threats Detection and Mitigation||3 LL|
|Hacking with Python||3 LL|
|Malware Reverse Engineering (formerly Intermediate Malware Analysis)||3 LL|
|Python for Network Defenders (formerly Introduction to Python Scripting)||3 LL|
|Malicious Network Traffic Analysis||3 LL|
|Network Traffic Analysis||3 LL|
Note: ANRC, LLC was acquired by Focal Point Data Risk, LLC in January 2017.
HOW TO VERIFY YOUR CERTIFICATIONS, TRAINING, AND EXAM
- Log in to the Cisco Certification Tracking System and click Publish Credentials.
- Select the credentials that you would like to publish.
- Enter this Excelsior email address: firstname.lastname@example.org and type the message you want to send to Cisco.
- Click Preview Report (optional). The Preview Report page is watermarked “VOID – Sample Only.” The actual report sent will not have the watermark.
- Click Publish Report; the status message “Your certifications have successfully been published” displays in red at the top of the page under your name and candidate ID number.
For assistance, call 888-647-2388 ext. 134. Note: To receive academic credit, you need to have taken your Cisco exams and courses within the last 10 years.
To validate or verify your CompTIA certifications, you need to publish your certifications online to any third party:
- Log in or create a user name and password if you’re a first time user.
- Go to the Transcript tab and select Create new transcript.
- Make sure “Display Certs” and “Display Address” are checked.
- In the Can’t be viewed until field, enter dates that cover a week.
- Click Submit. The Transcript page is displayed again.
- Enter email@example.com in the email field.
For assistance, contact CompTIA at firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-678-8300 option 5.
- Indicate that the verification letter must be sent directly to: Office of the Registrar, Excelsior College, 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, NY 12203, or via email at email@example.com
- The verification letter should also include at least two forms of identification (e.g., name of student, date of birth, current address, SSN, or last 4 digits of the SSN).
In the Query box, enter “How do I get a transcript sent to Excelsior College?”
(ISC)² members can request a transcript from (ISC)² by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and ask that a verification letter of all earned certifications be sent to Excelsior College at email@example.com.
In your request, include your:
- Full Name
- Home Address
- Exams Completed
- Exam Completion Dates
Microsoft learners can view evaluated programs on the NCCRS web site.
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) Process
Share a transcript:
- Sign in on your Microsoft Certification Dashboard
- Go to Transcript section and select “Share or download”
- Select “Share” Option; Enter a personal access code and turn on “Include Address Details”; Select “Share”
- Copy and paste the following information provided on the site
- Transcript ID
- Access Code
- Transcript Viewing Page: URL
- Paste the information in an email and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Share a badge:
- Sign in on your Microsoft Certification Dashboard
- Go to Badge section of dashboard and follow the steps to claim your badge (if you haven’t already done so)
- Follow the steps to share your badge via email with email@example.com
- For further information see: Microsoft Exam and Certification Badges
Microsoft Professional Program (MPP) Process
As of January 1, 2020, Microsoft is no longer offering this training. Credits may transfer to Excelsior College if the training was taken during the time period it was offered.
Share a verified MPP track completion certificate:
You must initiate the verification request through CertView using the self-service 3rd Party Verification Tool:
- Go to CertView and log in
- Select Publish Credentials to 3rd Parties
- Select the certification(s) you want to verify
- Enter the email address Oraclecerts@excelsior.edu
- Enter Excelsior College Certification Verification in the subject line.
- Include your first and last name, mailing address (street, city, zip, country), email address, month and day of birth, and Prometric Testing ID Number.
- Your request must include the following statement: “By submitting this verification request to SAS Institute Inc. (SAS), I authorize SAS to send the SAS Certified Professional Program Verification document, which includes my personally identifiable information, directly to Excelsior College, Transcript department. In addition, I understand that any disclosure of information carries with it the potential for an unauthorized redisclosure and the information may not be protected by federal, state, or local confidentiality laws or regulations”. If this statement is not included in your request, SAS will not release the document to Excelsior College.
SAS will mail directly to the Excelsior College Office of Registration and Records the SAS Certification Program Exam Verification Letter on SAS letterhead, signed by the SAS Certification Program Operations Manager. The letter will include the exam number, exam title, and exam passing date.
To obtain a copy of your certification, request a copy of your Sun certificate by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include your full name and Prometric ID# in the request.
- Do not open the envelope from Sun.
- Place the unopened envelope in another envelope and mail to: Office of Registration and Records, Excelsior College, 7 Columbia Circle, Albany, New York, 12203-5159
Talk to an admissions counselor about your goals and transfer credits.