Alumni Awards and Recognition
You worked hard to earn your degree and deserve to have your accomplishments recognized.
That’s why your Alumni Leadership Council and the College annually recognizes alumni based on their academic, professional, personal, and community contributions.
The nomination page and form is now available, with a submission deadline of January 15. Award winners will be notified by April 15.
Because Excelsior alumni are spread out all over the world, we rely on you to help build our alumni community by letting us know how you’ve used your degree to advance your career and improve your life, or the lives of others.
- Cannot be a previous Excelsior (or Regents or USNY) award winner of any type.
- Must be available to attend the Awards Convocation and Commencement held in July, in Albany, NY to receive the award. A $300 travel stipend and a one-night hotel stay will be provided by the College to each award recipient.
- Must consent to a background check.
- Cannot be a current member of the faculty or staff.
- Cannot be a member of the current graduating class and preferably have earned an Excelsior, Regents, or USNY degree at least three years prior.
- Must be available for publicity events, articles, and similar activities.
- If applying for multiple awards (or an award and a seat on the ALC), selection for one will automatically disqualify you from being considered for the others.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Consider nominating yourself for one of the following awards:
Alumni Achievement Award
Recognizes outstanding academic, professional, personal, and community contributions that are representative of our graduates. Presented to a graduate whose achievements may serve as a role model to inspire other graduates and students.
Carrie B. Lenburg Award
Presented to an outstanding nursing graduate in recognition of the accomplishments and vision of Dr. Carrie Lenburg, coordinator of the Regents College Nursing Program from 1973 to 1990. It commemorates her commitment to helping nurses attain their educational and professional goals. This award is presented to a nurse who demonstrates a commitment to nursing education as well as academic and professional accomplishments in the field of nursing.
C. Wayne Williams Award
Named after the College’s first president, this award is presented in recognition of outstanding public service and community involvement by a graduate.
College Nominated Award
Alumni Service Award
The Alumni Service Award recognizes outstanding service to Excelsior College by a graduate whose efforts in advocacy, recruitment, or outreach may serve as a role model to others in helping the College achieve its overarching goals. Candidates for this award are nominated by the Alumni Leadership Council, College staff, Excelsior Board of Trustees, or the alumni community at large.