Alumni Leadership Council
The Alumni Leadership Council (ALC) consists of 12 members reflecting the diverse nature of Excelsior’s alumni population. ALC members serve 3-year terms. Membership nominations are accepted during December and January each year. The nominations committee notifies selected applicants by April 1 and places their names on a ballot for ratification by the alumni community in an open online vote between May 1-7.
- Attend Commencement and related activities in Albany, NY each year in July. Travel and lodging costs are covered by Excelsior College, per the College’s travel policy for ALC members.
- Consent to a background check.
- Make a financial contribution to the Excelsior College Annual Fund in an amount of your choosing.
- Participate in regularly scheduled teleconferences/webinars and occasional regional events.
- Be available for publicity events, articles, and similar activities.
If you apply for a seat on the ALC and an alumni award (or multiple awards), selection for one will automatically disqualify you from being considered for the others.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Alumni Community login required to apply.
President: J. Kane Tomlin, BS ’12, MCJ ’14
First Vice President: Dwayn Hanford, BS ’05
Secretary: Sandra Butterfield, BS in Nursing ’86
Mark A. Bowman, BS ’00
Don (Pat) Geiger, BSL ’07
Tara Gillam, BS ’96
Jonathan Green, AS in Nursing ’09, BS in Nursing ’12
James A. Ketzler, AAS ’00
Edgar Montalvo, BS ’97
Gina Rinder, BS ’11
Walter Were, BSL ’05