Alumni Leadership Council
The Alumni Leadership Council (ALC) consists of 12 members reflecting the diverse nature of Excelsior’s alumni population. ALC members serve 3-year terms. Membership nominations are accepted during December and January each year. The nominations committee notifies selected applicants by April 1 and places their names on a ballot for ratification by the alumni community in an open online vote between May 1-7.
- Attend Commencement and related activities in Albany, NY each year in July. Travel and lodging costs are covered by Excelsior University, per Excelsior’s travel policy for ALC members.
- Consent to a background check.
- Make a financial contribution to the Excelsior University Annual Fund in an amount of your choosing.
- Participate in regularly scheduled teleconferences/webinars and occasional regional events.
- Be available for publicity events, articles, and similar activities.
If you apply for a seat on the ALC and an alumni award (or multiple awards), selection for one will automatically disqualify you from being considered for the others.
President: Mark A. Bowman, BS ’00
First Vice President: Don (Pat) Geiger, BSL ’07
Second Vice President: Jonathan P. Green, AS ’09, BS ’12
Secretary: Steven Marciano, BS ’18, MHA ’21
Timothy G. Leaks, BSL ’19, MS ’22
Jessica Cheverie, BSN ’17, MSN ’20
Jason Copeland, BS ’13
Oliver Queen Jr., BSL ’06
Anthony Spearman-Leach, BS ’92
Samuel T. Watkins Jr., BSL ’99
Walter Were, BSL ’05
James Wright, BS ’99