Alumni Leadership Council
The Alumni Leadership Council (ALC) consists of 12 members reflecting the diverse nature of Excelsior’s alumni population. ALC members serve 3-year terms. Membership nominations are accepted during December and January each year. The nominations committee notifies selected applicants by April 1 and places their names on a ballot for ratification by the alumni community in an open online vote between May 1-7.
- Attend Commencement and related activities in Albany, NY each year in July. Travel and lodging costs are covered by Excelsior College, per the College’s travel policy for ALC members.
- Consent to a background check.
- Make a financial contribution to the Excelsior College Annual Fund in an amount of your choosing.
- Participate in regularly scheduled teleconferences/webinars and occasional regional events.
- Be available for publicity events, articles, and similar activities.
If you apply for a seat on the ALC and an alumni award (or multiple awards), selection for one will automatically disqualify you from being considered for the others.