Air Force & Air National Guard

Program Options & Plans

Excelsior College partners with the Air Force to serve the educational goals of active duty service members and veterans. We provide two paths toward completing your associate or bachelor’s degree:

  • Associate Degree: Air Force General Education Mobile (GEM) Program allows you to fulfill your general education requirements online at Excelsior.
  • Bachelor’s Degree: Air University – the Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) Program allows you to transfer all your CCAF AAS degree credits towards your bachelor’s degree.
  • Master’s Degree: Pursue your master’s degree through Excelsior’s career-aligned graduate programs.

GEM logo

Air Force General Education Mobile (GEM) Program

The GEM Program is a partnership between the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) and Excelsior College to offer general education courses that meet CCAF AAS degree requirements in an online format.

The CCAF degree requires coursework in five general education areas: oral communication, written communication, mathematics, social science, and humanities. Excelsior’s Center for Military & Veteran Education (CMVE) can evaluate your college transcripts and guide you to the GEM-approved courses necessary to complete your degree.

Learn about the Air Force GEM Program at Excelsior College


Air University – the AU-ABC Program

The Air University – Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) Program is an initiative between Air University and civilian higher education institutions (including Excelsior College) to offer bachelor’s degree programs via distance learning that are relevant to an individual’s Air Force career. The AU-ABC Program is designed to transfer Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) credits so students can earn a bachelor’s degree with no more than 60 additional semester credits.

Download or print PDFs of the program degree requirements from the list below:

How To Get Started

Step 1: Create a MyExcelsior Account
Set up your free MyExcelsior account. MyExcelsior provides access to all the resources you will need.
Step 2. Apply or Enroll

For All Non-nursing Undergraduate Programs – Bypass Apply and Go to Enroll

If you are interested in our non-nursing undergraduate programs, you can enroll without having to apply for admission.

Complete Your Enrollment Agreement (login required)

or download the Military and Veteran Apply and Enroll Form (PDF)

If you need assistance choosing a degree program, call us at 877-542-4133 or email us at

For All Nursing and Graduate Programs – Apply First

If you are interested in any of our nursing or graduate programs, you must first apply for admission.

Step 3. Gather Your Records
You will need to submit the following documents as applicable. Select the links below for more information and instructions for requesting these documents:

Have all official transcripts, proficiency tests, and other documents sent directly to Excelsior from your previous college or university, a testing agency, or an education office. Have them sent to:

Excelsior College
Office of the Registrar
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159

For more information visit our Transcripts and Documents page.

Step 4. Register for courses

Once you have completed your enrollment agreement and we have received all your transcripts, we will provide an official evaluation of your degree plan and we encourage you to consults with your academic advisor to ensure that you select the best courses for your program. After choosing a course with your advisor, complete a TA application through your branch of service and register through Excelsior by using our temporary tuition assistance process.

Register Online (login required)

Learn about Military Tuition & Fees

How to apply for financial aid.

If you are not using military tuition assistance (TA) and wish to use VA benefits, learn about options at Excelsior College’s Veterans Center.

Read the DoD return of unearned TA policy and how it affects you.