Air Force & Air National Guard
Program Options & Plans
Excelsior College partners with the Air Force to serve the educational goals of active duty service members and veterans. We provide two paths toward completing your associate or bachelor’s degree:
- Associate Degree: Air Force General Education Mobile (GEM) Program allows you to fulfill your general education requirements online at Excelsior.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Air University – the Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) Program allows you to transfer all your CCAF AAS degree credits towards your bachelor’s degree.
- Master’s Degree: Pursue your master’s degree through Excelsior’s career-aligned graduate programs.
Air Force General Education Mobile (GEM) Program
The GEM Program is a partnership between the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) and Excelsior College to offer general education courses that meet CCAF AAS degree requirements in an online format.
The CCAF degree requires coursework in five general education areas: oral communication, written communication, mathematics, social science, and humanities. Excelsior’s Center for Military & Veteran Education (CMVE) can evaluate your college transcripts and guide you to the GEM-approved courses necessary to complete your degree.
Air University – the AU-ABC Program
The Air University – Associate to Baccalaureate Cooperative (AU-ABC) Program is an initiative between Air University and civilian higher education institutions (including Excelsior College) to offer bachelor’s degree programs via distance learning that are relevant to an individual’s Air Force career. The AU-ABC Program is designed to transfer Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) credits so students can earn a bachelor’s degree with no more than 60 additional semester credits.
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with Emphasis in Homeland Security – matched to the CCAF AAS degree in Criminal Justice.
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice with Emphasis in Law Enforcement and Public Saftey (PDF) – matched to the CCAF AAS degree in Criminal Justice.
- Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences with Management Concentration – matched to 12 CCAF AAS degree programs to include Allied Health, Dental Assisting, Dietetics & Nutrition, Health Care Management, Histologic Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Mental Health Services, Ophthalmic Technician, Pharmacology Technician, Physical Therapy Assistant, Social Services, and Surgical Services Technology.
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts – matched to all 67 CCAF AAS degree programs (students can form their own Area of Focus related to their CCAF career field).
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts – Area of Focus in Language – matched to the CCAF AAS Degree in Communications Applications Technology.
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology – matched to the CCAF AAS degree in Mental Health Services.