Army and Army National Guard


Excelsior College partners with the Army and the Army National Guard to serve the educational goals of active duty servicemembers and veterans. Your experience is unique and distinguished and Excelsior provides a variety of paths toward completing your degree, including:

Excelsior College also supports and is a member of the U.S. Army Warrant Officers Association and the Enlisted Association of the National Guard of the United States.

Degree Roadmaps by Army MOS

How To Get Started

Step 1: Create a MyExcelsior Account
Set up your free MyExcelsior account. MyExcelsior provides access to all the resources you will need.

Step 2. Apply or Enroll

For All Non-nursing Undergraduate Programs – Bypass Apply and Go to Enroll

If you are interested in our non-nursing undergraduate programs, you can enroll without having to apply for admission.

Complete Your Enrollment Agreement (login required)

or download the Military and Veteran Apply and Enroll Form (PDF)

If you need assistance choosing a degree program, call us at 877-542-4133 or email us at

For All Nursing and Graduate Programs – Apply First

If you are interested in any of our nursing or graduate programs, you must first apply for admission.

Step 3. Complete Your Common App at GoArmyEd

Apply through GoArmyEd and identify Excelsior College as your home school and choose the degree program that you identified on the enrollment agreement.

Step 4. Gather Your Records
You will need to submit the following documents as applicable. Select the links below for more information and instructions for requesting these documents:

Have all official transcripts, proficiency tests, and other documents sent directly to Excelsior from your previous college or university, a testing agency, or an education office. Have them sent to:

Excelsior College
Office of the Registrar
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159

For more information visit our Transcripts and Documents page.

Step 5. Register for Courses Through GoArmyEd

Because undergraduate courses are fully covered by Tuition Assistance (TA), you must register for courses through the GoArmyEd website, even if you do not have Army TA funding available.

If you do not have TA funding available, you will register for courses through the GoArmyEd website and use the self-pay option. Pay the balance due to Excelsior College to complete the registration process. You may pay by credit card, check, or money order. Pay by phone at 888-647-2388, or submit your completed forms and payment either by fax to 518-608-8135, or by mail to:

Excelsior College
Student Accounting Office
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159

Learn about Military Tuition & Fees

How to apply for financial aid.

If you are not using military tuition assistance (TA) and wish to use VA benefits, learn about options at Excelsior College’s Veterans Center.

Read the DoD return of unearned TA policy and how it affects you.