Nursing - Excelsior College
Page Hero - About Us
Nursing - transparency
Bachelor's in Nursing Program Outcomes
Student Learning Outcomes (2015-2016)
- Promote holistic patient-centered care and population health supporting values, culture, right to self-fulfillment, and quality care outcomes.
- Integrate evidence, nursing theory, and knowledge from other disciplines to guide nursing practice.
- Formulate decisions based on nursing judgment and collaboration with the interprofessional team to achieve quality patient outcomes.
- Incorporate professional core values, guidelines, standards of practice, and lifelong learning as a basis for professional nursing practice.
- Apply principles of leadership to advocate for the unique role of the nursing profession within the healthcare system.
- Engage in the spirit of inquiry to propose solutions that support nursing excellence.
Assessment of Student Learning Program Outcomes
Student learning outcomes within each nursing requirement support students' achievement of the six learning program outcomes of the bachelor of science in nursing program. Students must pass all requirements to graduate from the program. The achievement of student learning program outcomes is assessed through direct and indirect methods and various measures.
Presented below are the measures and results of direct assessment efforts that best reflect students' achievement of each student learning program outcome (SLPO) between Summer 2015 and Spring 2016.
Alumni surveys are administered upon graduation and one year post-graduation. With alumni permission, surveys are administered to their supervisors one year post-graduation. New student learning program outcomes (SLPOs) were approved by the faculty in July 2014 and phased into nursing requirements beginning with the Fall 2014 trimester. The Exit Survey was updated in August 2015, and the One-year Survey and Supervisor Survey were updated August 2016 to offer students one year of exposure to the new SLPOs before surveying.
Goal: The expected level of achievement for the one-year alumni survey (to be availab