Associates Degrees | Technology – Computer Technologies | Online - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
AS in Technology: Computer Technology Areas of Focus
Associate in Technology (Computer Technologies)
In today’s job market, few degrees are more practical than a computer science degree. And few colleges offer a more practical path into the computer industry than Excelsior College.
Excelsior’s online Associate in Science in Technology (Computer Technologies focus) prepares you for a wide range of computer-related jobs. Our online information technology classes are convenient, affordable, and ideally suited to working adults and students with a military background.
At Excelsior, you will:
- Take online IT classes on your own schedule, whenever it’s convenient for you.
- Need to earn fewer credits to complete your associate degree, thanks to generous transfer policies that maximize the value of previous coursework from accredited colleges.
- Get academic credit for many types of military training and job experience. Excelsior’s AAS in Technical Studies with focus in Computer Technologies is designed for students who have a large number of these credits.
- Save money with Excelsior’s budget-friendly tuition, student fees, and flexible payment plans.
You’ll gain job-ready IT skills while earning an online associate degree in less time, for less money, than you’d need to earn a traditional computer science associate degree.
A Convenient, Flexible, Affordable Education in Computer Science
Our online associate degree meets the same academic standards as a traditional computer science degree. You’ll work with outstanding faculty drawn from some of the nation’s top computer science degree programs, while gaining a practical background in:
- Computer architecture
- Systems analysis
After completing the online associate degree, you’ll be able to move straight into a bachelor’s degree program at Excelsior. You’ll also be qualified for positions such as:
- Help desk technician
- Computer support specialist
- Computer technician
- System administrator
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Program: Technology: AS in Technology Degree Requirements
AS in Technology Credit Requirements
61 credits: 30 in arts and sciences; 30 in the technology component to include at least 18 credits in the area of focus, plus a maximum of 12 credits in technical electives, including at least 3 credits to satisfy the computer applications requirement; and the 1 credit information literacy requirement.
We expect that as an Excelsior College Associate in Science in Technology graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Apply observation and measurement skills to develop quantitative expressions of natural science phenomena.
- Apply algebra, trigonometry, and higher order mathematics to solve technology related problems.
- Demonstrate introductory college-level proficiency in one or more of the social sciences.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of diverse cultural heritage, interpersonal relationships, the relationship between technology and society, and personal values to make intelligent and discerning judgments.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in computer applications used in technology areas.
Catalog: Business and Technology
Business and Technology Catalogs and Journal
- Learn more about credit requirements