EC JobLinks Employer Guide
EC JobLinks is your source for qualified candidates who can make a strong contribution to your organization. Select the links below to learn more about how to use this premier web-based recruitment tool.
- Go to the Employer Welcome Page.
- Select ‘Get Registered' and enter in your pertinent information.
- Complete the Employer Registration profile template and select submit.
Note: Your username will be your email address. If you already have a login at another institution that utilizes NACELink, you should use the same username/ password to access EC JobLinks.
Your Employer Registration information will be approved by the Career Center staff within 24-48 hours. You will receive a password via email so you can begin accessing the system.
- Once you have a user name and password, login on the Employer Welcome page to access EC JobLinks.
- Enter your username (email address) and the password that was sent in an email and log in:
- Select the My Account tab found on the navigation bar to build a personal profile. Most information will be pre-populated by your previous registration.
- Select the Personal Profile tab to update your email address and other contact information.
- Update system access by selecting the Password/Preference tab to create your own personal password.
- Select Submit.
To create a comprehensive online profile describing your organization, select the Employer Profile tab in top toolbar. This information will be viewed by applicants.
Follow the seven steps below and provide as much pertinent information as possible:
- Who We Are
- Key Statistics
- Company Culture
- Student Viewable Contacts
Note: Review which sections you have completed by utilizing the Completion Status area on the right. Green check indicates item is completed.
To post a job or internship position:
- Select the JOBS tab found on the navigation bar and select ‘Add New' to access the job posting template.
- Enter or revise the job information. Copy existing means that if you have listed a similar position in the past, you may copy the information into this listing to save time. Fields designated with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Under Resume Receipt, indicate how you would like to receive applications:
- The e-mail option will open and you can revise the ‘To' e-mail address for applications, if desired.
- ‘Accumulate Online' will allow youto login to EC JobLinks to view the collected resumes.
- ‘Other' will allow you to request applications be sent in a different method( a website or snail-mail). If you choose a different method, an additional field will open entitled "How to Apply" that needs to be completed.
- Select ‘Submit' when you are satisfied with your entry or select "Save and Finish Later", to complete your job posting later.
- Allow one business day for the approval and posting of your listing by our staff. Be sure your contact information is up to date in case we need to contact you with questions.
NOTE: Please be aware that there is also the option to create a "Multi-School Posting" through NACElink. There is a fee-based service. To learn more and inquire about specifics, please refer any questions to: NACElink.
(if collecting resumes online rather than via email)
View a list of students who have applied for available positions by clicking on the Jobs tab found on the navigation bar and then the Student Resumes sub tab.
- Using the drop-down menu select the a position to view the resumes submitted and select Search. The search results will be listed below where the status of the submission can be changed to prompt future action (Sent Email, Review, and Interested).
- To view resumes select the ‘R' document icon in the Document column.
- To remove resumes select the Delete button on the right.
- To communicate with applicants via email select the box beside the individual and then select Mail to Checked, a web-based mail wizard.
- Send personalized emails to an unlimited number of recipients by inputting a Subject, Message Body, etc.
- Utilize the mail merge fields in the Available Fields box. Initiate a mailing by clicking Next, and then clicking the Send Messages button.
- To generate a packet of student resumes select the desired applicants and select Generate Book. You will be emailed when the book is ready and can locate it under the publications requests subtab.
You have the ability to request a resume book, a packet of resumes from students who opted in to allow organizations to view them:
- To view a pre-packaged group of student resumes select the Resume Books tab found on the navigation bar, and then select the name of the resume book in which you are interested in viewing.
- NOTE: To navigate within the resume book feature use the small green back button found at the top right.
- To refine the list of resumes you would like to review by Major, Applicant Type, Class Level utilize the drop down menus.
- To refine the resume book list select the Advanced Resume Search tab, choose various screening criteria, and select the Submit button found at the bottom.
- To view a single resume select the document icon in the Resume column at the far right.
- To view multiple resume, or generate a book of resumes, select the boxes beside the desired applicants and then select Generate Book.
- If you elect to generate a resume book, it may take some time. You will be emailed when it is ready. At that time, login to EC JobLinks and select the Resume Books tab. Then, select the Publication Requests subtab to view/download the resume book.
- EC JobLinks Recruitment Policy
- NACElink Participating Schools
- DirectEmployers Association Members
- DirectEmployers Privacy Statement
- National Association of Colleges and Employers
- Read about NACE's position on unpaid internships
- US Department of Labor's Fact Sheet on Internships
- NACE Salary Calculator
If you have any questions on EC JobLinks or would like assistance with any of the features please contact the Excelsior College Career Center at ECJoblinks@excelsior.edu or by toll free phone at 1-888-533-9267. We would be happy to help.
Free for Current Students and Alumni
The Excelsior College Career Center is pleased to offer EC JobLinks; a FREE online job search database and resume building tool. Available 24/7/365, current students and alumni can access thousands of national and international jobs postings and apply in real time.