Online Bachelor's Degree from an Accredited Leader in Distance Learning
Public health expertise is in high demand. That's why Excelsior College now offers an online Bachelor of Science in Public Health (BS in Public Health). Working with top-notch faculty who both work in public health and teach in public health degree programs around the country you will learn practical skills that translate directly to the workplace.
Excelsior offers all of the courses necessary to complete the degree. In developing this degree program, we worked closely with public health experts to ensure that all academic materials are relevant and up to date.
The Power of Public Health
The field of public health is critical to empowering and sustaining communities with the understanding that health around the world is directly related to the health of local communities. A BS in Public Health is for people with a passion for helping society by advancing the 3 P's in public health: Preventing the spread of disease—Protecting the health of populations—Promoting population health through policies, programs, and interventions.
Put Yourself in Demand by Completing a BS in Public Health at Excelsior
Advance your career with a degree in public health. It's a multi-disciplinary field that makes a positive impact on global and local communities and provides you with the career flexibility to work in a variety of settings. Graduates will be able to compete effectively for jobs at:
- Federal agencies (e.g., Center for Disease Control and Prevention, National Institute of Health, U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- City, county, and state health agencies
- Research labs
- Community-based organization
- Public or Nonprofit organizations
Excelsior Offers You the Flexibility You Need as a Busy Adult Completing a Degree
A national leader in health care education since the 1970s, Excelsior offers a high degree of flexibility and convenience, allowing working adults to balance school with work and family commitments.
Our online public health classes are scheduled on a 15-week and rotating 8-week basis and are available 24/7. You'll compete the work where and when it fits into your life. In addition, our student-friendly bachelor's degree in public health allows you to:
- Receive academic credit for health care professional licenses and certifications, leaving you with fewer Excelsior elective courses to complete your public health degree. Find out if your license qualifies—and how many credits you can get for it.
- Receive outstanding academic support from our award-winning team of advisors.
- Save money on your bachelor's in public health via Excelsior's affordable tuition, with no enrollment fee*. (See how much you can save.)
* Excelsior College partners must pay enrollment fee.
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. Learn more about the MSCHE accreditation programs and specialized accreditations on our accreditation page.