RN to MS Nursing | Nursing Degrees | Nursing Leadership and Administration of Health Care Systems - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study- Nursing
RN to Master of Science in Nursing (Nursing Leadership and Administration of Health Care Systems)
RN to MS in Nursing (Nursing Leadership and Administration of Health Care Systems)
As a working nurse, you know the importance of strong teamwork and strong leadership.
Those values form the core of Excelsior College's RN to Master of Science in Nursing (Leadership and Administration of Health Care Systems Specialization). Designed to fit the schedules of working professionals who hold an RN license, the program pairs a BS in nursing with a nursing master's degree. Overlapping coursework allows you to complete both degrees within an integrated framework.
The program develops exceptional leaders who can build effective nursing teams. Excelsior has been helping mature, motivated nurses advance their careers since 1971.
A Nursing Master's Degree That You Can Earn While You Work
Excelsior College's flexible distance-learning model clears away obstacles and distractions, so you can give your RN to MS studies the energy and focus they deserve. You'll benefit from:
- Online classes that won't disrupt your work schedule or interfere with current job obligations.
- Dynamic coursework that addresses real-world situations.
- Academic support from Excelsior's award-winning advisors.
- Budget-friendly tuition and fees, and a convenient automatic payment plan.
- Online interaction with classmates and faculty.
An Excelsior RN to MS commands respect among employers and can open up new career opportunities. By specializing in leadership and administration of health care systems, you'll prepare yourself for leadership positions such as nurse administrator, chief nursing officer, or VP of nursing.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Nursing RN to MSN degree info block credits CSM
Nursing RN to MS student program learning outcomes
Bachelor's Student Learning Program Outcomes
Promote holistic patient-centered care and population health supporting values, culture, right to self-fulfillment, and quality care outcomes.
Integrate evidence, nursing theory, and knowledge from other disciplines to guide nursing practice.
Formulate decisions based on nursing judgment and collaboration with the interprofessional team to achieve quality patient outcomes.
Incorporate professional core values, guidelines, standards of practice, and lifelong learning as a basis for professional nursing practice.
Apply principles of leadership to advocate for the unique role of the nursing profession within the health care system.
Engage in the spirit of inquiry to propose solutions that support nursing excellence.
Master's Student Learning Program Outcomes
- Function as a leader and change agent to promote holistic patient-centered care and population health.
- Translate evidence to develop health care practices in a culturally and ethnically diverse global society.
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing and other disciplines that are essential for nursing judgment and practice.
- Integrate specialty practice knowledge to enhance interprofessional collaboration, inform decisions, and improve health outcomes.
- Exemplify professional values and standards, best practices, and the commitment to lifelong learning in the role of the master's-prepared nurse.
- Implement the role of master's-prepared nurse as part of the interprofessional team.
- Integrate scholarship, a spirit of inquiry, and innovation to support nursing excellence.
Accreditation: Nursing Specialized Accreditation
Specialized Nursing Accreditation
The associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs in nursing at Excelsior College are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Center of Excellence in Nursing Education
The National League for Nursing (NLN) designated Excelsior College's School of Nursing a 2016-2021 Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, for the fourth consecutive time, in recognition of the School's sustained achievements in creating environments that promote student learning and professional development.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.