Associate Degrees | Technical Studies – Electronic / Instrumentation - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Program: Technology: Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies: Electronic / Instrumentation Technologies Concentration
Associate in Technical Studies (Electronic / Instrumentation Technologies Concentration)
If you'd like to use military education and job training as a springboard to a degree, there's no better place than Excelsior College. And there's no better degree program than the Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies (Electronic / Instrumentation Technologies concentration).
Specifically designed for working adults and students with a military or industry background, Excelsior's online AAS in technical studies provides a perfect opportunity to integrate real-life experience into a degree program.
By earning academic credit for eligible forms of applied education, you'll be left with fewer courses to complete your technical studies degree. And Excelsior clears away obstacles that often keep working adults from finishing a degree. We offer:
- Online electronics courses that you take at your convenience, without disrupting your work or family schedule.
- Maximum transfer credit for courses you've taken at other accredited colleges.
- Affordable tuition and fees, along with flexible payment options that help you stick to your budget.
- Academic support from award-winning advisors who know you by name.
You'll graduate in less time, for less money at Excelsior, while enjoying the convenience and flexibility that comes with online courses.
Save Time and Money on an Associate Technical Degree
You'll study with top-notch faculty who bring years of industry experience into the classroom. Our electronics classes meet high academic standards and reflect the most up-to-date knowledge and best practices in the industry.
By specializing in electronics instrumentation, you'll gain a solid background in subjects such as:
- AC, DC, and digital circuits
- Power systems
- Computer architecture
- Computer programming
- Programmable controllers
The rise of smartphones, tablets, laptops, and other types of electronic instruments has driven up demand for skilled electronics technicians. An AAS in technical studies from Excelsior College can prepare you to fill this niche in the job market.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Program: Technology: AAS Tech Studies Degree Requirements
AAS in Technical Studies Credit Requirements
60 credits total: 20 credits in arts and sciences, 27 credits in career component, and 13 credits in free electives to include the mandatory 1 credit information literacy course.
We expect that as a graduate of the Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies degree, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate introductory college-level proficiency in one or more of the subject areas in mathematics and/or natural sciences.
- Demonstrate introductory college-level proficiency in one or more of the social sciences
- Demonstrate a comprehension of cultural diversity, human behavior, and the relationship between technology and society.
- Demonstrate the application of technology in the area of focus.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.