Associates Degrees | Technology – Computer Technologies | Online - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
AS in Technology: Computer Technology Areas of Focus
Associate in Technology (Computer Technologies)
In today’s job market, few degrees are more practical than a computer science degree. And few colleges offer a more practical path into the computer industry than Excelsior College.
Excelsior’s online Associate in Science in Technology (Computer Technologies focus) prepares you for a wide range of computer-related jobs. Our online information technology classes are convenient, affordable, and ideally suited to working adults and students with a military background.
At Excelsior, you will:
- Take online IT classes on your own schedule, whenever it’s convenient for you.
- Need to earn fewer credits to complete your associate degree, thanks to generous transfer policies that maximize the value of previous coursework from accredited colleges.
- Get academic credit for many types of military training and job experience. Excelsior’s AAS in Technical Studies with focus in Computer Technologies is designed for students who have a large number of these credits.
- Save money with Excelsior’s budget-friendly tuition, student fees, and flexible payment plans.
You’ll gain job-ready IT skills while earning an online associate degree in less time, for less money, than you’d need to earn a traditional computer science associate degree.
A Convenient, Flexible, Affordable Education in Computer Science
Our online associate degree meets the same academic standards as a traditional computer science degree. You’ll work with outstanding faculty drawn from some of the nation’s top computer science degree programs, while gaining a practical background in:
- Computer architecture
- Systems analysis
After completing the online associate degree, you’ll be able to move straight into a bachelor’s degree program at Excelsior. You’ll also be qualified for positions such as:
- Help desk technician
- Computer support specialist
- Computer technician
- System administrator
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Program: Technology: AS in Technology Degree Requirements
AS in Technology Credit Requirements
61 credits: 30 in arts and sciences; 30 in the technology component to include at least 18 credits in the area of focus, plus a maximum of 12 credits in technical electives, including at least 3 credits to satisfy the computer applications requirement; and the 1 credit information literacy requirement.
We expect that as an Excelsior College Associate in Science in Technology graduate you will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Apply observation and measurement skills to develop quantitative expressions of natural science phenomena.
- Apply algebra, trigonometry, and higher order mathematics to solve technology related problems.
- Demonstrate introductory college-level proficiency in one or more of the social sciences.
- Demonstrate a comprehension of diverse cultural heritage, interpersonal relationships, the relationship between technology and society, and personal values to make intelligent and discerning judgments.
- Demonstrate a proficiency in computer applications used in technology areas.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.