Learning Resources - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study- Nursing
CPNE learning resources
CPNE® Learning Resources
Once you're eligible, Excelsior provides both free and fee-based learning resources to help you prepare to take the CPNE.
- Comprehensive CPNE Study Guide
- Tutorials - Regularly visit the Critical Thinking and Nursing Process and Navigating the CPNE tutorials available through Excelsior's learning management system. Both tutorials are intermittently updated with additional information, so check back frequently.
- PCS Practice Scenarios - Run through practice scenarios and review your performance with an associate nursing program faculty member.
- Content Calls - Speak with associate degree nursing faculty for help developing a study plan, more information about the CPNE content and process, and to review plans of care and areas of competency for the documentation PCS practice scenarios. Content calls are based on faculty availability and can be up to 30 minutes.
- Discussion Board - Discuss academic topics with other nursing students.
- Excelsior Library - Take advantage of the online library and dedicated library staff.
- Message Center - Send your CPNE-related questions to an associate nursing program faculty member via MyExcelsior.
- CPNE Workshop - Take a one-day workshop that focuses on the skills you'll perform during your CPNE.
- Online Conferences - Sign up to participate in CPNE-related online conferences to boost your readiness.
- Study Materials - Purchase additional study materials including flash cards (print and audio), and a skills kit.
CPNE: Pass Rates
CPNE and NCLEX Pass Rates
View pass rates for the CPNE and National Council Licensure Examination-RN (NCLEX-RN®). Note: If you don't pass your initial CPNE, you'll need to retake and pass all portions of a subsequent exam to complete your associate nursing program at Excelsior College. In this scenario, you're responsible for payment of all fees and expenses related to the retake.
Important Info About Test Preparation Providers
Beware of Test Preparation Providers!
Excelsior College does not contract with or endorse the services of, or study materials sold by, any test preparation providers. Be cautious of anyone selling test preparation services or materials; whatever they may say to you, they are not affiliated with Excelsior College. As an enrolled student, you'll be guided to the right learning resources and services. Learn more.