Train to Become a Paralegal Online
Certified paralegals play an extremely important role in the legal industry. This 100% online course will prepare you for the Certified Paralegal (CP) exam, offered by the National Association of Legal Assistants (NALA). You’ll learn how to perform a variety of tasks that paralegals experience every day, such as legal research, interviews, analysis and more. Excelsior University accepts 9 credits towards a degree program for successful completion of the Certified Paralegal (CP) exam. “It was different than going to a classroom, but I really enjoyed this course! Now that I‘ve finished, I help file motions for everything from reopening cases to filing for telephonic appeals,” Sonjie A.
BS in Electrical Engineering
HVCC Class of 2005
Job Outlook for Paralegals
- According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), jobs for paralegals will grow by 15% through 2026, which is faster than most other positions.
- The BLS states that the average annual salary for paralegals is $50,000. However, salary can increase depending on your law specialty and your experience level.
Online Paralegal Course FAQs
Online Paralegal Course Objectives
- Learn the common responsibilities and duties of paralegals within the US legal system.
- Be fully prepared to sit for the Certified Paralegal certification exam, offered by NALA.
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course.
- Paralegal in the Legal System
- Paralegal Employment
- On-The-Job Realities
- Regulation of Management
- Attorney and Paralegal Ethics
- Introduction to the Legal System
- Introduction to Legal Analysis
- Legal Interviewing
- Investigation in a Law Office
- Litigation Management
- Legal Research 101
- Advanced Legal Research
- Legal Writing
- Introduction to the use of Computers
- Introduction to Law Office Administration
- Tort Law, Product Liability and Consumer Law
- Contracts, Insurance, and Property Law
- Estates and Family Law
- Laws Affecting Business
- Criminal Law
- Portfolio Lesson
- Final Exam
Casey Thompson is a licensed attorney in Texas. Before he started teaching, his major areas of practice were business and corporate law, entertainment law and intellectual property rights. He received his Bachelor of Business Administration from Texas Tech University and holds a law degree from the Texas A&M School of Law.