Technology Management - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology with dual degree option for MBA (Technology Management)
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology/ MBA (Technology Management) Dual Degree
Working adults can get a big career boost from Excelsior College's ABET-accredited online nuclear engineering technology bachelor's degree.
But why stop there? You can increase your marketability and income potential even more by earning an online Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology with dual degree option for MBA (Technology Management concentration).
Earning these degrees back to back allows you to reduce your overall course load, minimize your costs, and graduate in less time. And you'll do it in a student-friendly online format, with one of the nation's top educators of working adults.
By choosing Excelsior for your nuclear engineering technology BS / MBA studies, you'll be able to:
- Take online nuclear engineering technology classes and online MBA classes at your own convenience, balancing them against work and family responsibilities.
- Build on past academic achievements by receiving all the transfer credits you deserve for approved courses from other accredited colleges.
- Count approved military classes and industry-accredited training courses toward your nuclear engineering technology degree and MBA.
- Save money via Excelsior's affordable tuition and budget-friendly flexible payment plans.
- Get all the support you need from our award-winning team of academic advisors.
Add a Technology Management Focus to Your Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree
Excelsior College offers one of the few ABET-accredited online nuclear engineering technology BS degrees in America.
Both the nuclear engineering technology degree program and our MBA program incorporate the most current best practices in the industry. You'll interact directly with renowned faculty who are recognized leaders in nuclear engineering and technology management.
By choosing the technology management MBA concentration, you'll gain specialized expertise in such subjects as:
- Project management
- Quality control
- Productivity assessment and enhancement
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BS / MBA Nuclear Engineering Technology Degree Requirements
BS in Nuclear Engineering Technology / MBA Credit Requirements
The Bachelor's in Nuclear Engineering Technology/ MBA degree program is offered in conjunction with the School of Business & Technology. The dual degree track requires 154-157 credits. Students are awarded their bachelor's degree by completing 60 credits in the arts and sciences component, 48 credits in the nuclear engineering technology component, and 10-13 credits for the free elective component. Students achieve graduate status after completion of the 6-credit bridge component. The 30-credit graduate course component completes the master's degree requirements.
Graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of natural sciences, including physics, chemistry, thermodynamics, atomic physics, and nuclear physics.
- Demonstrate the ability to understand, measure, and provide quantitative expressions of natural science phenomena, including experimentation, observation, and accurate measurement.
- Apply the fundamentals of algebra, trigonometry, and calculus to problem solving in nuclear engineering technology areas.
- Make technical presentations in English using language appropriate to the audience.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the written communication of technical information using standard English.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of computer applications or documentation of the use of one or more computer software packages for technical problem solving appropriate to the nuclear engineering technology discipline.
- Demonstrate technical competency in electrical theory, nuclear and engineering materials, health physics/radiation protection, reactor core fundamentals, plant systems, heat transfer, fluids, and radiation measurement lab.
- Demonstrate comprehension of currently applicable rules and regulations in the areas of: radiation protection, operations, maintenance, quality control, quality assurance, safety, quality, timeliness, continuous improvement
- Integrate knowledge of the functional areas of nuclear engineering technology in the safe operation and maintenance of nuclear systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to apply design concepts, creativity, balance, accuracy, and confidence limits through the understanding of the relationships between design and the operation of nuclear systems.
- Participate effectively in groups.
- Demonstrate an ability to understand professional, ethical, and social responsibilities, including the impacts of culture, diversity, and interpersonal relations.
- Demonstrate a commitment and ability to continue to engage in lifelong learning.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College MBA program, the graduate will be able to:
- Analyze real-world business problems and generate recommendations for action.
- Integrate accounting, marketing, finance, management and economics into a strategic business analysis.
- Assess the impact of the global business environment on business situations.
- Apply quantitative methods to analysis of business situations.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business and society.
- Communicate effectively to relevant audiences in written materials.
- Collaborate in teams to produce required deliverables.
- Apply Project Management skills to business situations.
- Assess the ethical implications of actions for diverse stakeholders.
As an Excelsior College baccalaureate-level nuclear engineering technology graduate you will be able to:
- Apply general and discipline-specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze, and solve technical problems in the nuclear discipline.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in the nuclear field.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.
Specialized Accreditations: Technology: ABET
ABET Specialized Accreditation
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology and the Bachelor of Science in Nuclear Engineering Technology are accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org. ABET is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org. ABET is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).