Our nursing degree programs are specifically designed to serve individuals with significant experience in clinically oriented health care disciplines. Admission to the associate degree in nursing programs is not open to international students.
Admission is open to prospective students in the following categories:
- Licensed Practical/Vocational Nurses.
- Certain classifications of Military Corpsmen on active duty, National Guard, reserves, or veterans who have a discharge date within one year of enrollment in Excelsior's School of Nursing. Review the admission criteria for military personnel.
- Respiratory Therapists, Respiratory Technicians, Respiratory Care Practitioners.
- Physicians trained and/or licensed outside of the United States.
- Physicians or Physician's Assistants trained and/or licensed in the United States.
- Licensed, Certified or Registered Midwives.
- Individuals who have completed at least 50% of the clinical nursing credit hours with a minimum grade of C within 5 years of enrollment into Excelsior College will be reviewed on a case-by-case appeal basis. Only applicants who are currently employed in a clinical capacity and maintained good academic standing (minimum grade of C in all nursing courses) throughout their nursing program will be considered in this appeal process.
- A copy of a current license or certification to verify professional status in an appropriate health care profession.
- Candidates applying as a foreign educated physician outside of the U.S. must submit an official evaluation from Education Credentials Evaluators (ECE) that reflects graduation from a school of medicine with a minimum GPA equivalent to a 2.0 or higher on a U.S. scale. We require a subject analysis report from ECE.