Consumer Information - Excelsior College
Page Hero - About Us
consumer disclosure: general information and academics
Consumer Information: Academics
- School catalogs can be found on each program page
- Satisfactory Progress – Maintaining Financial Aid Eligibility
- Student Feedback
- Undergraduate Student Satisfaction
- Undergraduate Student General Education Learning Outcomes
Not all students are required to go through the application process (e.g. Students in the Military).
The total number of undergraduate students who applied, were admitted, and were enrolled in the institution, are as follows:
- Between Aug. 1, 2016 through Oct. 31, 2016: 1660 applications received
- Between Aug. 1, 2016 through Oct. 31, 2016: 1165 students were admitted
- Between Aug. 1, 2016 through Oct. 31, 2016: the total number of undergraduate students who enrolled = 2,187
Excelsior College is a degree completion institution and does not enroll first-time full-time students. The percentage of our part-time transfer students residing in each of the following locations during the 2015–2016 academic year is, as follows:
- New York State: 14.1%
- States other than New York: 85%
- Outside the United States: <1%
Graduate and professional programs in which graduates of the institution's four-year programs have enrolled. Data reflect those students who graduated between July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012 and were surveyed in the FY 15 (July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015) Three- Year Alumni Survey.
- 6.1% of responders to this question are currently pursuing a certificate program.
- 17.8% of responders to this question are currently pursuing a bachelor's degree.
- 26.8% of responders to this question are currently pursuing a master's degree.
- 2.8% of responders to this question are currently pursuing a professional degree.
- 3.8% of respondents are currently pursuing a PhD at this time.
The data for this question is based on voluntary responses to the Alumni Survey. The School of Liberal Arts associate degree students are not included in this data.
Visit the Alumni Website
- Cohort Default Rate
- Financial Aid
- Number of Students Receiving Financial Aid, Pell Grants, Federal Student Loans
- Student Policies: Return of Title IV funds, Satisfactory Academic Progress for Financial Aid, etc.
Excelsior College is a degree completion institution and does not enroll first-time full-time students. Of our undergraduate student population, 11.6% received federal, state, and institutional grants, student loans, and any other type of financial assistance the institution knows of that are provided publicly or through the institution. The institution does not offer alternative tuition plans.
The following HEOA items are not applicable to Excelsior College:
- Campus Housing
- Entrance Exams - Excelsior College does not require SAT or ACT scores.
- Fire Safety Report
- Link to report regarding Secretary's List
Data is from the Alumni One Year Survey spanning June 2013-June 2014: e.g. one year after graduation)
- Employed Full-Time: 82.7%
- Employed Part Time: 5.7%
- No, but seeking employment: 7%
- No, and Not seeking employment: 2.2%
- Retired: 2.4%
Field of Employment:
- Nursing: 37.3%
- Military Service: 23.3%
- Other: 8.5%
- Business/Management: 3.5%
- Computer/Information Technology: 5.3%
- Nuclear Engineering Technology: 1.0%
- Health Care (non-nursing): 3.5%
- PreK–12 Education: 3.0%
- Human Resources: 1.3%
- Engineering: 2.3%
- Financial Services: 1.3%
- Electrical Engineering Technology 1.5 %
- Marketing/Sales: 0.5%
- Public Administration: 0.3%
- Criminal Justice: 2.5%
- Holistic Health: 0.3%
- Computer Science: 0.5%
- Construction: 0.5%
- Journalism; 0.3%
- Law: 0.3%
- Research (Health Science): 0.5%
- Physical Sciences: 0.3%
- Education (college/university): 1.3%
- Counseling/Social Work: 0.5%
- Architecture: 0.3%
- Dentistry: 0.3%
- Food Services: 0.3%
- Visual/Performing Arts: 0.3%
Excelsior College is a degree completion institution and does not enroll first-time full-time students. Based on retention data as of June 15, 2016, - these rates reflect all enrolled undergraduate certificate and degree-seeking students for FY15 (July1, 2014 – June 30, 2015).
Note: There is a 15 month lag in reporting retention due to retention being calculated 15 months post enrollment). FY15 is the most recent data.
- All UG students = 64.4%
- Associate degree students= 61.7%
- Baccalaureate-Master's students = 65.4%
- Baccalaureate students = 67.5%
- Certificate students = 63.3%
Excelsior College does not enroll first-time full-time students. Our most recent completions information is available here.
Completion/graduation rates disaggregated by gender, racial and ethnic subgroup, recipients of Pell Grants, recipients of FFEL or Direct loans who did not receive Pell Grants, students who received neither Pell Grants nor FFEL or Direct loans.
- Ethnicity - our most recent data is available here
- Graduates Disaggregated by Financial Aid Awards
- Pell Grant
Men = 60.0%
Women = 40.0%
American Indian or Alaska Native: <1% ( 0.3%)
Asian: <1% (0.6%)
Black or African American: 20.7%
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander: 1.5%
Two or More Races: 2.4%
White, non Hispanic: 64.3%
Unknown/Unspecified Ethnicity: <1% (0.6%)
- FFEL or Direct Loans (those who did NOT receive Pell Grants)
Men = 38.7%
Women = 61.3%
American Indian or Alaska Native: <1% (0.8%)
Black or African American: 21.8%
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander: <1% (0.8%)
Two or More Races: 3.2%
White, non Hispanic: 60.5%
Unknown/Unspecified Ethnicity: <1% (0.4%)
- Other Financial Aid (those who did NOT receive Pell Grants or federal student loans)
Men = 38.2 %
Women = 61.8%
American Indian or Alaska Native: 1.1%
Black or African American: 8.0%
Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander: 0%
Two or More Races: 1.1%
White, non-Hispanic: 85.4%
Unknown/Unspecified Ethnicity: 1.1%
- Pell Grant
Aggregate Degree/Certificate (Awarded 7/1/2015 – 6/30/2016) - Our most recent data is available here
Undergraduate major areas of study with the highest number of degrees awarded - Visit our Fast Facts page for our most recent data
- Educational Computer Systems, Inc. (ECSI)
- Entrance Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Exit Counseling for Student Borrowers – National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS)
- Federal Loans – Title IV
- Preferred Lender List
- Private Loans & Grants
- Nursing Student and Nursing Faculty Loans
- Institutional Disclosures