Qiñones, assistant director of admissions operations & partnerships
With Excelsior since 2018
- Bachelors of Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Daemen College
- Masters of Business Administration, Marketing, D’Youville College
- Masters of Science, Cybersecurity, Excelsior College, 2022
- Project Management Professional (PMP® Exam Prep), Villanova University, 2017
- Essentials of Project Management, Villanova University, 2017
- Certified Change Management Professional (CCMP), Prosci, 2019
- Certified Professional in Training Management (CPTM), Training Industry, 2020
- Certified Professional in Agility in HR, ICAgile, 2020
I started my career as a graphic designer at New Era Cap. I transitioned to a Marketing Communication Specialist, utilizing all the skills I learned while obtaining my MBA. I transitioned to a digital marketing manager, where I used my marketing and graphic skills to promote and market products online. I relocated to the Albany area and became an I.T. business analyst at Golub Corp. I worked in the I.T. department, where I managed and maintained all websites and applications
What I Do
I provide oversight and management of the college’s enterprise systems training needs supporting business processes. I focus on developing training for the college’s enterprise systems. I play an integral role in ensuring that an exceptional training structure supports the college’s vision of aligning people, processes, and technology. I am reporting to the Executive Director of Enterprise Operations. I work with operational analysts, designated functional leads, technical staff, and subject matter experts to establish training requirements and develop and execute enterprise systems training plans. I support end-user training to ensure functional area trainers are adequately prepared to administer training.
How I Help Students
I utilize my years of experience along with my certifications when crafting training courses. Having the ability to be a good listener and problem-solving skills allows me to understand where the learning gaps are for the end-user completely.
What I Like Best About Working at Excelsior
The work-life balance is fantastic here. The working relationships that I have with my co-workers make life here more comfortable.