Bachelors Degrees | Liberal Arts – Psychology BS | Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Liberal Arts
Bachelor's Degree in Psychology
Bachelor's in Psychology Degree
Employers value critical thinking, effective writing, and an interdisciplinary background. You can develop all three of these skills with a bachelor's in psychology.
A national leader in adult education, Excelsior offers an online psychology degree that helps working adults advance their education and strengthen their careers. Our convenient online psychology classes are designed to fit within busy schedules and tight budgets—without interfering with your work and family responsibilities.
Excelsior removes many of the barriers posed by a traditional psychology degree program. We do it by:
- Offering online psychology classes that you can take whenever your schedule permits.
- Making sure you get maximum transfer credit for previous college work, leaving you with the shortest path to degree completion.
- Giving you academic credit for many forms of professional training and military service.
- Offering credit by exam options for many courses, allowing you to earn a semester's worth of credits in a single test.
- Keeping your expenses low with affordable tuition and student fees.
A Shorter, More Convenient Way to Earn a Psychology Degree
Our online psychology degree meets the same high academic standards as a psychology degree at a traditional college, and our faculty are drawn from psychology degree programs at leading institutions across the country.
Excelsior's online psychology classes provide a broad background that can help you develop a career in fields as varied as:
- Social work
- Human Resources
- Nonprofit leadership and community development
- Demonstrate negotiation skills to use in persuasive and strategic sales situations.
- Develop educational and training programs, including online, for leadership development and sales environments.
- Construct and evaluate customer/client analyses, revenue projections, and organizational policies and procedures.
- Use scientific reasoning to interpret psychological phenomena.
- Apply ethical standards to evaluate psychological science and practice.
- Exhibit effective presentation skills in a variety of media for different purposes.
- Apply psychological content and skills to career goals.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Bachelor's of Psychology info block
Bachelor's in Psychology Credit Requirements
Bachelor of Science in Psychology: Minimum of 120 credits: 60 credits (21 in upper level) in arts and sciences and 60 credits (9 in upper level) in applied professional courses, additional arts and sciences courses, or a combination of both. 33 of the 120 credits must be in the major subject (18 upper level), including a 3-credit capstone course.
Catalog: Liberal Arts
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.