Bachelors Degrees | Electrical Engineering Technology – Nanotechnology - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Program: Technology: BS in Electrical Engineering Technology: Nanotechnology Concentration
Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering Technology (Nanotechnology Concentration)
Very few electrical engineering bachelor's degree programs offer a concentration in nanotechnology. And no nanotechnology degree program is as flexible, convenient, and affordable as Excelsior College's online Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology with a concentration in Nanotechnology.
An educational innovator for more than 40 years, Excelsior has taken the lead in developing the workforce for the dynamic nanotechnology industry, which is poised for explosive growth.
Our online electrical engineering technology degree programs are designed for working adults who seek new career opportunities. Why is Excelsior the best place to gain the preparation you need for nanotechnology jobs?
- We're convenient. Excelsior's online electronics courses can fit comfortably into any schedule, without disrupting work or family responsibilities.
- We're affordable. Our online bachelor's in electrical engineering degree comes with low tuition and fees—ideal for working adults with tight budgets.
- We speed you toward graduation. You'll get maximum transfer credit for your previous work at accredited colleges, leaving you with fewer Excelsior courses to complete your electrical engineering degree.
- We support your success. Our academic advisors have won awards for their personalized service and knowledgeable counsel.
An Accredited Electrical Engineering Technology Degree That's Flexible and Affordable
Excelsior's online electrical engineering and nanotechnology degree programs meet the same academic standards that you'll find in a campus-based program. You'll study with exceptional faculty who have years of industry experience, while getting a practical education that translates directly to the workplace.
By choosing the nanotechnology concentration within the bachelor's of electrical engineering technology degree, you'll gain relevant, up-to-date expertise in subjects such as:
- Nanofabrication manufacturing technology, or NMT
- Micro-electromechanical systems
Nanotechnology specialists are in demand in a wide range of industries, including computers, health care, energy, telecommunications, and manufacturing.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
ABET Accreditation EET Only
The Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET, www.abet.org. ABET is a specialized accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Program: Technology: BS Electrical Engineering: Nanotechnology Degree Requirements
BS in Electrical Engineering Technology Degree Requirements
Minimum of 124 credits: 60 in arts and sciences, 57 in the technology component (including 16 upper level), and 7 in free electives including information literacy.
Upon successful completion of the Excelsior College Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology with a Nanotechnology Concentration, the graduate will be able to:
- Identify, analyze, and discuss the processes and equipment used in nanotechnology fabrication.
- Identify and discuss nanotechnology applications and their societal and ethical implications.
- Analyze the relationship between the material scale (nanostructure) and the properties/functionality of materials.
Review more student learning outcomes
As an Excelsior College bachelor's level electrical engineering technology (nanotechnology concentration) graduate, within a few years of graduation, you are expected to:
- Apply general and discipline specific concepts and methodologies to identify, analyze and solve technical problems in the electrical discipline.
- Demonstrate an individual desire and commitment to remain technically current with, and adaptive to, changing technologies through continuous learning and self-improvement.
- Demonstrate independent thinking, function effectively in team-oriented settings, and maintain a high level of performance in a professional/industrial environment.
- Communicate effectively in a professional/industrial environment.
- Perform ethically and professionally in business, industry, and society.
- Attain increasing levels of responsibility and leadership in the electrical field.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.