Associate Degrees | Technical Studies – Computer Technologies, Online - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Program: Technology: Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies: Computer Technologies Concentration
Associate in Technical Studies (Computer Technologies Concentration)
You can learn a lot about computer science in the military or on the job. Excelsior College enables you to apply that knowledge toward a marketable degree: an Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies (Computer Technologies concentration).
Excelsior's online classes and flexible credit structure are a perfect fit for students with a military background or prior workforce experience. You can earn our AAS in Technical Studies more quickly, conveniently, and affordably than a traditional computer science degree. And you can do it without disrupting your work and family commitments.
Here's how it works:
- You'll take online computer technology classes on your own schedule, at your own convenience.
- Excelsior will grant academic credit for qualifying types of applied computer science training and experience.
- We'll grant you maximum transfer credit for prior courses from accredited colleges, including military coursework.
- You'll have a chance to earn credit by exam, testing out of courses for subjects you've already mastered.
You'll only take the courses you really need, so you'll graduate more quickly than you could in a standard computer science degree program, while building a solid foundation for career growth and further education.
A Convenient, Flexible, Affordable Education in Computer Science
As an accredited college, Excelsior meets the same high standards of academic quality that govern traditional computer science degree programs. You'll study with experienced faculty with outstanding credentials, while building marketable skills in areas such as:
- Data communications
- Computer architecture
You'll get all the support you need from Excelsior's award-winning academic advisors. The AAS in Technical Studies degree concludes with a capstone project on a subject of your own choosing.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Program: Technology: AAS Tech Studies Degree Requirements
AAS in Technical Studies Credit Requirements
60 credits total: 20 credits in arts and sciences, 27 credits in career component, and 13 credits in free electives to include the mandatory 1 credit information literacy course.
We expect that as a graduate of the Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies degree, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate introductory college-level proficiency in one or more of the subject areas in mathematics and/or natural sciences.
- Demonstrate introductory college-level proficiency in one or more of the social sciences
- Demonstrate a comprehension of cultural diversity, human behavior, and the relationship between technology and society.
- Demonstrate the application of technology in the area of focus.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.