Associate Degrees | Technical Studies Electromechanical Technologies - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Technology Programs
Program: Technology: Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies: Electromechanical Technologies Concentration
Associate in Technical Studies (Electromechanical Technologies)
Military service and job experience often produce a strong applied education in automated machinery and computer-driven technology. At Excelsior College, you can build on that experience to earn a marketable degree quickly and conveniently—and completely online.
With an Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies (Electromechanical Technologies concentration), you'll be able to compete successfully for jobs in manufacturing, computing, telecommunications, energy, health care, and many other industries.
One of America's most military-friendly institutions, Excelsior tailors its programs for working adults who need to balance college with work and family commitments. You'll take online technical studies classes on your own schedule, so they won't interfere with your job.
And Excelsior allows you to complete your AAS in technical studies more quickly by:
- Awarding academic credit for many types of military education and technical work experience.
- Maximizing the value of your transfer credits from other accredited colleges.
- Offering affordable tuition, low student fees, and flexible payment options, so the cost of your degree won't slow you down.
You may already be within a few courses of an AAS degree—and the increased marketability and earning power that come with it.
Fit an Associate Technical Degree into Your Schedule and Budget
To maintain accreditation, we must pass strict standards for academic quality. Our courses in electromechanical technologies were developed with industry input and are constantly revised to reflect the most current practices.
You'll cultivate skills in areas such as:
- Electronics and circuits
- Control systems
- Computer programming
- Applied thermodynamics
Excelsior's award-winning academic advisors are always available to provide whatever support you need to complete your degree. Boost your skills, status, and earning power with an AAS in Technical Studies.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Program: Technology: AAS Tech Studies Degree Requirements
AAS in Technical Studies Credit Requirements
60 credits total: 20 credits in arts and sciences, 27 credits in career component, and 13 credits in free electives to include the mandatory 1 credit information literacy course.
We expect that as a graduate of the Associate in Applied Science in Technical Studies degree, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate introductory college-level proficiency in one or more of the subject areas in mathematics and/or natural sciences.
- Demonstrate introductory college-level proficiency in one or more of the social sciences
- Demonstrate a comprehension of cultural diversity, human behavior, and the relationship between technology and society.
- Demonstrate the application of technology in the area of focus.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.