Certificate in Supply Chain Management Online
During challenging times, the entire economy depends on intricate supply chains that link producers, distribution networks and consumers. Skilled and dedicated supply chain professionals see to it that goods are produced, distributed and delivered on schedule and within budgets. In this 100% online course, you will learn the concepts and skills required to become a supply chain professional. Upon successful completion, you will be prepared to take and pass the exam to become a Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP).
BS in Electrical Engineering
HVCC Class of 2005
JOB OUTLOOK FOR A CERTIFIED SUPPLY CHAIN PROFESSIONAL
- The US Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects demand for Logisticians (those who manage supply chains) to grow by around 4% within the next 10 years. The BLS notes that supply chain professionals who can use technology to manage complex supply chains have particularly bright career prospects in the future.
- According to PayScale.com, supply chain specialists earn $59,250 per year, on average. Salaries for early-career supply chain professionals range from $39,000 to $75,000 per year, with an average salary of $56,339 within the first three years of their careers.
Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) FAQs
Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) Objectives
- Supply Chain Management and Operations
- Purchasing and Supplier Management
- Ethical and Sustainable Sourcing
- Inventory and Demand Forecasting
- Resource Planning Systems
- Process Management and Six Sigma in the Supply Chain
- Customer Relationship Management
- Passing the certification test will improve hiring potential, likely increase salary, and add professional value and marketability
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take this course. This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
Exam Eligibility requirements for CSCP:
• 3 years of related business experience or
• Bachelor’s degree or the international equivalent*, or
• CPIM, CLTD or CSCP, CTL, CFPIM, CIRM, SCOR-P, C.P.M., CSM or CPSM designations
- I. Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- II. Purchasing Management
- III. Creating and Managing Supplier Relationships
- V. Demand Forecasting
- VI. Purchasing Management
- VII. Inventory Management
- VIII. Process Management – Lean and Six Sigma
- IX. Domestic U.S. and Global Logistics
- X. Customer Relationship Management
- XI. Global Location Decisions
- XII. Service Response Logistics
- XIII. Supply Chain Process Integration
- XIV. Performance Measurements
- XV. Your Career Roadmap (optional)
Wayne Durr is a global supply chain manager with over 30 years of supply chain experience with the US Army, the US Government, Fortune 500 companies, and startups. In his tenure as a supply chain professional, he has held the titles strategic buyer, senior demand forecaster, and ISO 9001 auditor, amongst others. Wayne has a Doctorate in Business Administration (DBA) (ABD), an MBA in supply chain and operations, and Six Sigma Master Black Belt.