Earn Your CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
The rapid growth of cloud computing has created excellent opportunities for those with advanced skills in cloud-related computing. Recognizing this opportunity, CompTIA created the Cloud+ Certification, an exam and certification that validates cloud-specific competencies. This 100% online course will teach you key concepts and skills required to build, maintain, and optimize cloud infrastructure services. Key topics include virtualization, infrastructure, security, systems management, and business continuity.
BS in Electrical Engineering
HVCC Class of 2005
“Excelsior took all of my credits. I was able to jump right into upper-level courses.”
Job Outlook for CompTIA Cloud+ Certification
- Cloud computing is among the most dynamic career areas in the current economy. Data gathered by TechRepublic.com indicates that job postings for the three major cloud platforms — Amazon AWS, Google Cloud Services and Microsoft Azure — grew by well over 200% between 2015 and 2019. Google Cloud postings grew by over 1300%.
- For the single year between 2018 and 2019, AWS postings grew by 21.07%, Azure-related opportunities grew 30.59%, and Google Cloud professionals saw an increase of 40.87% in job postings.
- Experts expect the strong trend to continue as organizations migrate their data to the cloud and discover new opportunities for applications and data services in the cloud environment.
COMPTIA Cloud+ FAQs
COMPTIA Cloud+ Objectives
- Prepare to take and pass the CompTIA Cloud+ certification exam
- A solid foundation in key cloud concepts, models, and computing skills
- How to implement and maintain virtualization, infrastructure, troubleshooting, resource management, security, systems management, and business continuity
- How to assess and establish network and storage security concepts and best practices in cloud environments
- How to diagnose and optimize cloud computing performance
- How to deploy and maintain hardware resources and enable virtual environments
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take the course. However, CompTIA recommends holding the CompTIA A+ and CompTIA Network+ certifications, or equivalent experience, before taking the Cloud+ certification exam. This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
- Cloud Concepts and Model
Contrasting cloud services and delivery models; object storage concepts
Install, configure, and manage virtual machines and devices; benefits of virtualization in a cloud environment
Storage technologies, configuration concepts and provisioning; network configuration, optimization, and troubleshooting basic connectivity issues
- Resource Management
Resource monitoring techniques; best practices for allocating physical host resources and virtual guest resources
Network security concepts, tools and best practices; identifying access control methods and implementing guest and host hardening techniques
- Business Continuity In The Cloud
Disaster recovery methods and concepts; deploying solutions to meet availability requirements
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.