Earn Your CompTIA Linux+ Certification
IT professionals with advanced Linux administration skills occupy a unique and valuable space in the IT industry. CompTIA’s Linux+ certification is the only job-focused Linux certification based on foundational Linux skills. This 100% online course will teach you the concepts and practices needed to earn the Linux+ certification from CompTIA. Key topics include Linux installation processes, network configurations, security and troubleshooting, and automating processes with scripting.
BS in Electrical Engineering
HVCC Class of 2005
“Excelsior took all of my credits. I was able to jump right into upper-level courses.”
Job Outlook for Certified Linux+ Administrators
- Certified Linux administrators are in demand. Data from CBTNuggets.com indicates that 80% of IT hiring managers consider Linux skills essential and places Linux administration among its top career options.
- The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) expects 5% growth in network and computer systems administrator jobs between now and 2028. The BLS notes that this growth is tied to investments in newer and faster architecture and is expected to occur despite consolidation in cloud computing environments.
- The BLS estimates that demand for network administrators who work in systems design and related services is expected to grow by 24% during that time period, nearly five times the overall rate of growth in the industry.
COMPTIA Linux+ FAQs
COMPTIA Linux+ Objectives
- Analyze Linux hardware and system configurations related to installation, networking, and storage
- Manage Linux system operations and determine validated maintenance protocols
- Evaluate security best practices for users, files, and networks
- Formulate best responses to Linux troubleshooting issues
- Utilize basic scripts to automate processes in Linux
- Be prepared to take and pass the CompTIA Linux+ certification test to prove your knowledge
Prerequisites and Requirements
There are no prerequisites to take the course. However, CompTIA recommends having up to 12 months of hands-on experience as a Linux administrator before taking the Network+ certification exams. This course is 100% online. Start anytime.
- Linux Filesystems
- Servers, Shell, and Boot Process
- Processes and Tasks
- Network Configurations
David Grimes has more than 10 years of management and leadership experience in the private and non-profit sectors. Grimes is passionate about technology and education, having worked as academic dean, student services director, technology coordinator, teacher, consultant, and technology columnist. He holds a Master of Education and a Bachelor of Science from Ohio State University, both in Technology Education.