RN to MS Nursing | Nursing Degrees, Programs | Nursing Informatics - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study- Nursing
RN to Master of Science in Nursing (Nursing Informatics)
RN to MS in Nursing (Nursing Informatics)
Nursing's information age is accelerating—and you can help chart its course. Become a leader in the field by earning an RN to Master of Science in Nursing (Nursing Informatics Specialization) from Excelsior College.
Designed for working adults who hold an RN license, this program confers both a BS degree and MS degree in nursing. You'll develop expertise in one of the health care industry's most dynamic sectors. Excelsior's RN to MS nursing degree with specialization in informatics is among the most innovative and comprehensive programs of its type.
Excelsior has been leading the way in nursing education for more than 40 years. The National League for Nursing named Excelsior a Center of Excellence in Nursing Education for 2016-2021, the fourth time we have earned this recognition.
High-quality, Online Nursing Degrees That Fit Into Your Busy Schedule
Excelsior's distance-learning model and online nursing classes have made it possible for thousands of working nurses to earn a nursing master's degree. Our online nursing program is designed for convenience—you can keep your job and meet your other obligations while you complete your RN to MS degree.
Here's how it works:
- You'll take online nursing classes whenever they fit into your schedule.
- Excelsior's award-winning advising team will provide you with academic support.
- Affordable tuition, fees, and financial support will help you afford the RN to MS on your budget.
- You'll interact online with your classmates and Excelsior's first-rate faculty.
- You'll earn a BS and an MS within a single, integrated program.
Excelsior College's RN to MS program holds accreditation from the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Nursing RN to MSN degree info block credits informatics
Nursing RN to MS student program learning outcomes
Bachelor's Student Learning Program Outcomes
Promote holistic patient-centered care and population health supporting values, culture, right to self-fulfillment, and quality care outcomes.
Integrate evidence, nursing theory, and knowledge from other disciplines to guide nursing practice.
Formulate decisions based on nursing judgment and collaboration with the interprofessional team to achieve quality patient outcomes.
Incorporate professional core values, guidelines, standards of practice, and lifelong learning as a basis for professional nursing practice.
Apply principles of leadership to advocate for the unique role of the nursing profession within the health care system.
Engage in the spirit of inquiry to propose solutions that support nursing excellence.
Master's Student Learning Program Outcomes
- Function as a leader and change agent to promote holistic patient-centered care and population health.
- Translate evidence to develop health care practices in a culturally and ethnically diverse global society.
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing and other disciplines that are essential for nursing judgment and practice.
- Integrate specialty practice knowledge to enhance interprofessional collaboration, inform decisions, and improve health outcomes.
- Exemplify professional values and standards, best practices, and the commitment to lifelong learning in the role of the master's-prepared nurse.
- Implement the role of master's-prepared nurse as part of the interprofessional team.
- Integrate scholarship, a spirit of inquiry, and innovation to support nursing excellence.
Accreditation: Nursing Specialized Accreditation
Specialized Nursing Accreditation
The associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs in nursing at Excelsior College are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Center of Excellence in Nursing Education
The National League for Nursing (NLN) designated Excelsior College's School of Nursing a 2016-2021 Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, for the fourth consecutive time, in recognition of the School's sustained achievements in creating environments that promote student learning and professional development.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.