Excelsior College Embraces Diversity
Excelsior has a respected tradition of serving the historically underrepresented in higher education. We help accelerate Hispanic students success at the associate, bachelor's, and graduate levels through flexible degree options and personal course advisement.
Hispanic Outlook in Higher Education magazine has ranked Excelsior College in the top 100 colleges for enrolling the most Hispanics.
Excelsior College was named the "Top Degree Producer" for minority students seeking associate degrees in nursing, and number 2 for Hispanics receiving undergraduate degrees in Liberal Arts by Diverse®Issues in Higher Education.
A major goal of the College is to have students, upon completion of their degree programs, gain an understanding and appreciation of the complexities of diversity and be able to interact effectively with people from backgrounds and cultures different from their own.
What We Offer You
We offer open enrollment without regard for grade point averages (GPA) and do not take into account the student's immigration status.
Excelsior offers you a wide range of paths for achieving your degree:
- Excelsior College offers grants, scholarships, student loans, and payment plans.
- Learn while you earn: study while working full time.
- Less restrictive transfer policies reduce the number of credits you will be required to earn.
- 24/7 access to online courses.
- Most courses offered every other month.
- 15-week and accelerated eight-week terms.
- Selected software application tutorials in Spanish - ask your academic advisor.
- Credits are accepted from accredited national and international colleges and universities.
- Excelsior College® Examinations and approved examination programs earn you credits based on what you already know without having to take a course.
- Approved credits from military and corporate training.
- Admissions counselors walk you through the admissions process.
- Academic advisors guide you through degree completion.
- Financial aid advisors determine the best options for you.
- Smarthinking is an online tutoring service free to Excelsior students. It is offered 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Online Writing Lab (OWL) is a resource developed to help students improve writing skills and knowledge.
Since Excelsior College is online, there are no residency requirements, which makes us an excellent choice for any student living abroad who wants to earn an accredited degree from an American college. We offer the same tuition rate for all students, regardless of where they may reside.
If you have any questions about enrolling in a program at Excelsior, email firstname.lastname@example.org