Welcome to the
Center for Social Justice
Building Community at Excelsior and Beyond
Excelsior University is in the business of facilitating the equitable and just preparation of leaders and their critical contributions to the workplace and society.
Unfortunately, many of our current societal challenges such as global warming, social injustice, international conflicts, systemic poverty, and others have become systemic threats. We know that our ability to respond to these challenges lies in our capacity to leverage our diversity of backgrounds, experiences, perspectives, ideas, and skills as strategic assets to our decision making and performance.
We are thrilled to offer everyone a place to connect and engage in opportunities based on the identities, allyships, or career paths that matter to them. In this space, you will find supportive rope teams that you can use to access connections, opportunities, resources, and experiences.
What Are Rope Teams?
We call our communities rope teams because they were created to support your journey, and to provide you with an opportunity to support the journey of others. The term rope team comes from the world of climbing, and climbing any obstacle is easier when you can give and receive support as part of a team.
What Our Rope Teams Do:
- Bring equity to the experience of underprivileged students and alums.
- Curate connections, opportunities, and resources based on the identities, allyships, and careers that matter to our community members.
- Integrate the student journey by strategically linking the networks, experiences, and support that enhance their success.
- Engage all community stakeholders in supporting the preparation of future leaders.
- Offer anytime access that meets participants’ time, place, and pace needs.
Community Building Hub
Welcome to our rope teams: find the connections, opportunities, resources, and experiences to engage with what matter most to you!