U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy Partnership
The U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy is the senior enlisted school for the Army. It is a 42-week military course preparing Career Senior Enlisted Soldiers to be promoted to the rank of E9 Sergeants Major and Command Sergeant Major. The Sergeants Major Academy is located at Fort Bliss in El Paso, Texas.
Excelsior University offers on-site classroom courses to support associate, bachelor’s, and master’s degree programs. The degree programs offered include:
- Associate in Science in Liberal Arts (Area of Focus in Leadership option)
- Associate in Applied Science in Administrative Management Studies
- Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts
- Bachelor of Professional Studies in Business Management
- Master of Science in Management with concentrations in General Business, Human Resource Management, and Organizational Leadership
- Master of Science in Criminal Justice with concentration in Homeland Security and Emergency Management
Excelsior University also offers general education courses to support USASMA’s Bachelor of Arts in Leadership Workforce Development. Excelsior University offers advising and student support services to students both on-site and online. Courses are offered in 8-week terms with the student cohort starting in the Fall I term and ending with the Summer I term.
Excelsior University has conducted a special faculty evaluation of the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Course toward both undergraduate and graduate degree programs. This evaluation of credit provides Sergeant Majors a direct path to degree completion building on the learning acquired through the Sergeants Major course.
Excelsior University has been a partner with the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy since 1994 and has provided on-site classroom courses since 2009. More than 3,200 degrees have been awarded by Excelsior University to 2,706 graduates of the U.S. Army Sergeants Major Academy since the partnership was formed in 1994.