Arthur Gregg Award
The Arthur Gregg Award is named after Lt. General Arthur J. Gregg, U.S. Army (Ret.), Emeriti Member of Excelsior University’s Board of Trustees. Following a distinguished career with the U.S. Army, Lt. General Gregg retired from active duty in 1981, and then served as the Army’s Deputy Chief of Staff for Logistics in Washington, DC. Arthur Gregg has more than 44 years of professional experience, having held senior-level management and command positions in the military and industry.
The award recipient will receive an award and be recognized at Commencement.
This award is presented to an active duty military service member who demonstrates outstanding academic achievement and outstanding career or professional achievement.
Selection Criteria for the Arthur Gregg Award
- Academic achievement as defined within the context of Excelsior University degrees, awards or scholarships received as well as evidence of further study (including admission to graduate school or earning a higher degree.)
- Professional or career achievement including any accolades for professional advancement within the military, as well as any evidence of exemplary promotion. Consideration may also be given to any awards or work related to community service.
All nominations and supporting documents must be received by April 11, 2022.
Servicemembers may be nominated by an education service officer or counselor, a commanding officer, a military peer, an Excelsior University staff member, or themselves. Nominations must include:
Letter of nomination to include the following information about the nominee:
- Name, rank, and military branch
- Address and telephone numbers
- Date and type of Excelsior University degree earned or to be earned
- Military occupation
- Length of military service
- Activities or accomplishments related to each of the selection criteria
- Statement on how the earned Excelsior University degree will help or has helped the nominee
- Reason for nomination
Letter of recommendation from the nominee’s education service officer or counselor or commanding officer (other than the individual making the nomination).
Send nomination and recommendation letters to:
Arthur Gregg Award Committee
7 Columbia Circle
Albany, NY 12203-5159