Statement of Policy
OneTranscript® is a service for non- enrolled students who want to consolidate their academic records for employment or educational purposes onto a single master transcript. OneTranscript® will list college-level credits normally applied towards a Excelsior College degree such as: credits from an approved college or university; military, business and industry education and training evaluated and recommended for academic credit by the American Council on Education (ACE), the National College Credit Recommendation Service (NCCRS) and Excelsior College’s assessment of prior learning (CAPITAL), Criminal Justice training evaluated by Excelsior College, Excelsior College courses and examinations, College Level Examination Program (CLEP); DSST examinations; and credits appearing on international credentials evaluated by a Excelsior College approved agency.
Duplicative college-level, degree applicable credits and credits such as physical education and orientation courses will be listed on a OneTranscript® Record. All Excelsior College courses and exams will be reflected on the OneTranscript regardless of grade. Non-Excelsior College college-level credits earning a D grade or better from approved colleges will be posted. Courses that have been repeated for a better grade, will only list the highest grade. Once credits are posted to the transcript, they cannot be removed.
The following will not be posted on a OneTranscript®: continuing education units (CEU=s); developmental courses; certificate courses which do not carry college level credit, and GPA’S. Only college-level courses earning a D grade or better from approved colleges will be posted. Students may request that certain courses be excluded from their OneTranscript® record by submitting a written request with the application.
The transcript will note clearly that it is an Excelsior College Credit Bank Transcript. The reverse side of the transcript will include the following statement defining Credit Bank Services; “The Excelsior College OneTranscript® is a service to students not enrolled in Excelsior College who want to consolidate their academic records for employment or educational purposes. The Excelsior College OneTranscript® lists college-level credits that could be applied toward an Excelsior College degree. A grade of D and higher in transfer from acceptable institutions is listed on the Excelsior College OneTranscript®”.
If a One Transcript® student enrolls in an Excelsior College degree program they will be under the policies in effect upon enrollment. All course work listed on the One Transcript® will be evaluated according to their applicability toward the degree program the student enrolls in. Not all credits listed on the One Transcript® will apply toward a degree program (example: D grades are not applicable to Excelsior College degrees).
- Fees: In addition to the OneTranscript® Fee, a fee will be charged for official document(s) submitted for an up-date after the initial posting is complete. Excelsior College courses/exams will be added to the One Transcript record at no additional cost to the student if a written request is received.
- Official transcripts are required and must be submitted directly from the issuing institution to Excelsior College, per policy 123 Official Transcripts
- Enrolled student and students who have completed a degree program, are not eligible to purse the OneTranscript® service. Enrolled students and students who have completed an Excelsior College degree have the option to request the addition of non-Excelsior college-level credit to the non-applicable section of the official transcript per policy 138 Posting Credits to the Official Transcript.
- Admitted Students (ADM), Admitted Withdrawn Students (ADMW), Admitted Expired Students (ADME) and Withdrawn Students are eligible to pursue the OneTranscript® service.
- OneTranscript® will be completed within 10 business days from the date final document(s) are received.