Bachelors Degrees | BA - BS Liberal Arts | Online Classes - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study - Liberal Arts
Bachelor's in Liberal Arts (Population Health)
As the American health care industry continues to grow, employment opportunities for medical and health services managers, including those in population health fields, are expected to increase much faster than average. By earning your BS/BA in Liberal Arts with a concentration in Population Health, you'll be prepared to enter the workforce as a care manager, care coordinator, program coordinator, or health program manager.
Earn Your Degree Online with an Accredited Leader in Adult Education
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. With optimization of your existing credits and a course of study that's aligned with your professional goals in fields related to population health management and policy, you can complete your degree online more quickly. Excelsior College offers:
- Fair tuition, financial aid, and flexible payment options
- Academic support from a team of dedicated advisors
- Expert online instructors with a passion for teaching
- Community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
BA_BS Liberal Arts Population Health deg reqs
BA/BS in Liberal Arts (Population Health) Credit Requirements
Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Arts option: Minimum of 120 semester hours. Within that total, at least 90 semester hours must be earned in the arts and sciences with at least 30 of those 90 semester hours earned at the upper or advanced level. The remaining 30 semester hours may be earned in applied professional courses, additional arts and sciences courses, or a combination of both.
Bachelor of Science in Liberal Arts option: Minimum of 120 semester hours. Within that total, at least 60 semester hours must be earned in the arts and sciences with at least 21 of those 60 semester hours earned at the upper or advanced level. The remaining 60 semester hours, of which at least 9 must be earned at the upper or advanced level, may be earned in applied professional courses, additional arts and science courses, or a combination of both.
liberal arts population health program outcomes
Upon completion, graduates of this population health program will understand relationships between health, illness, and disability, and be able to:
- Engage in advanced critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate advanced written and oral communication skills and express complex ideas with clarity and precision.
- Identify and characterize their own cultural background and experiences in comparison to those of others and evaluate pathways to equitable solutions that recognize the strengths inherent in a diverse and multicultural understanding of world issues.
- Apply concepts of ethical conduct in decision-making, ethical conduct in action, social responsibility in decision-making, and social responsibility in action.
- Analyze the impact of various population health issues on individuals, families, and communities.
Catalog: Liberal Arts
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.