MS Nursing | Nursing Degrees, Programs | Nursing Leadership and Administration of Health Care Systems - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study- Nursing
Master of Science in Nursing (Nursing Leadership and Administration of Health Care Systems)
Master's in Nursing (Nursing Leadership and Administration of Health Care Systems)
Today's visionary leaders are shaping tomorrow's nursing profession. Become one of these leaders by earning a Master of Science in Nursing (Nursing Leadership and Administration of Health Care Systems Specialization) from Excelsior College.
Designed for working nurses who are efficient, organized, and highly motivated, this master's in nursing degree will empower you to improve care at an organizational level. You'll learn to build teams, manage resources, evaluate performance, and design and implement long-range strategic initiatives.
Our dynamic, online classes cover real-world subject matter such as:
- Information management
- New health care technologies
- Supportive work environments
- Interdisciplinary health care teams
- Budgets and funding
A Nursing Master's Degree for the 21st Century
One of the nation's most innovative nursing institutions since 1971, the Excelsior College School of Nursing helped pioneer online nursing education and remain leaders in the field.
By specializing in Nursing Leadership and Administration of Health Care Systems, you will:
- Take online classes that let you keep control of your schedule—you'll study where and when it's convenient for you.
- Work with distinguished faculty who are national leaders in their field.
- Interact directly with classmates and faculty through Excelsior's online communities.
- Get support from an award-winning team of academic advisors.
- Pay affordable tuition and low fees, with generous financial support.
With a nursing master's degree from Excelsior, you'll position yourself to advance your career and increase your earning power. The specialization in nursing leadership and administration of health care systems prepares you for leadership positions such as nurse administrator, chief nursing officer, or VP of nursing.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Nursing MSN degree info block credit requirements CSM
Nursing MS in Nursing degree info block
Student Learning Program Outcomes
- Function as a leader and change agent to promote holistic patient-centered care and population health.
- Translate evidence to develop health care practices in a culturally and ethnically diverse global society.
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing and other disciplines that are essential for nursing judgment and practice.
- Integrate specialty practice knowledge to enhance interprofessional collaboration, inform decisions, and improve health outcomes.
- Exemplify professional values and standards, best practices, and the commitment to lifelong learning in the role of the master's-prepared nurse.
- Implement the role of master's-prepared nurse as part of the interprofessional team.
- Integrate scholarship, a spirit of inquiry, and innovation to support nursing excellence.
Accreditation: Nursing Specialized Accreditation
Specialized Nursing Accreditation
The associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs in nursing at Excelsior College are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Center of Excellence in Nursing Education
The National League for Nursing (NLN) designated Excelsior College's School of Nursing a 2016-2021 Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, for the fourth consecutive time, in recognition of the School's sustained achievements in creating environments that promote student learning and professional development.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.