RN to MS Nursing | Nursing Degrees, Programs | Nursing Education - Excelsior College
Page Hero - Areas of Study- Nursing
RN to Master of Science in Nursing Education
RN to MS in Nursing Education
As a practicing nurse, you can never afford to stop learning. But you also have much to teach—and the chance to improve many lives while influencing your profession.
Earn an RN to Master of Science in Nursing Education from Excelsior, and you can share your clinical experience and knowledge with other health care professionals.
This program is designed for working nurses who hold an RN license. You'll earn both a bachelor's degree and a master's degree in nursing. Some of your courses will count toward both degrees.
Online Nursing Degrees That Have Real Impact
Excelsior's flexible online format makes it possible to fit your nursing courses into almost any work schedule. You'll have the opportunity to:
- Earn two nursing degrees (BS and MS) in a single, integrated program.
- Work with top-flight faculty.
- Interact with fellow students via our online communities.
- Tackle challenging coursework that reflects real-world nursing situations.
- Get academic support from Excelsior's award-winning advisors.
- Receive financial support and counseling to help keep your online nursing education affordable.
With a Master of Science in Nursing Education, you'll help address the nation's critical shortage of nursing educators, while creating a new path to advance your career and earning power.
Program Page: Apply and RFI Links
Nursing RN to MS degree info block credits education
Nursing RN to MS student program learning outcomes
Bachelor's Student Learning Program Outcomes
Promote holistic patient-centered care and population health supporting values, culture, right to self-fulfillment, and quality care outcomes.
Integrate evidence, nursing theory, and knowledge from other disciplines to guide nursing practice.
Formulate decisions based on nursing judgment and collaboration with the interprofessional team to achieve quality patient outcomes.
Incorporate professional core values, guidelines, standards of practice, and lifelong learning as a basis for professional nursing practice.
Apply principles of leadership to advocate for the unique role of the nursing profession within the health care system.
Engage in the spirit of inquiry to propose solutions that support nursing excellence.
Master's Student Learning Program Outcomes
- Function as a leader and change agent to promote holistic patient-centered care and population health.
- Translate evidence to develop health care practices in a culturally and ethnically diverse global society.
- Synthesize theoretical and empirical knowledge from nursing and other disciplines that are essential for nursing judgment and practice.
- Integrate specialty practice knowledge to enhance interprofessional collaboration, inform decisions, and improve health outcomes.
- Exemplify professional values and standards, best practices, and the commitment to lifelong learning in the role of the master's-prepared nurse.
- Implement the role of master's-prepared nurse as part of the interprofessional team.
- Integrate scholarship, a spirit of inquiry, and innovation to support nursing excellence.
Accreditation: Nursing Specialized Accreditation
Specialized Nursing Accreditation
The associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs in nursing at Excelsior College are accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), formerly known as the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC). The ACEN is a specialized accrediting agency for nursing recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road, Suite 850
Atlanta, GA 30326
Center of Excellence in Nursing Education
The National League for Nursing (NLN) designated Excelsior College's School of Nursing a 2016-2021 Center of Excellence in Nursing Education, for the fourth consecutive time, in recognition of the School's sustained achievements in creating environments that promote student learning and professional development.
Institutional Accreditation heading block
Institutional Accreditation universal content block
Excelsior College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
All of Excelsior College's academic programs are registered (i.e., approved) by the New York State Education Department.