Excelsior College Cybersecurity Club
The Excelsior College Cybersecurity Club focuses on community building among cybersecurity professionals at the College. The Club is organized and operated exclusively for the following educational and scientific purposes:
- Promoting increased knowledge of and greater interest in cybersecurity science, awareness, knowledge development, research, information technology issues, and general computer science as it relates to cybersecurity.
- Representing Excelsior College in various cybersecurity competitions.
- Extending security awareness programs to people, places, and institutions in need of help and support in the cybersecurity area.
- Serving Excelsior College, its students, and the cybersecurity community.
CODE OF ETHICS AND CONDUCT
Club members adhere to the ethical commitment adapted from the SANS IT Code of Ethics:
All members of the Excelsior Cybersecurity Club will adhere to the highest ethical standards of conduct, never engage in any illegal activities, and will protect the reputation of Excelsior College and the group.
Additionally, Club members adhere to the Computer Ethics Institute’s Ten Commandments of Computer Ethics:
- Thou shalt not use a computer to harm other people.
- Thou shalt not interfere with other people’s computer work.
- Thou shalt not snoop around in other people’s computer files.
- Thou shalt not use a computer to steal.
- Thou shalt not use a computer to bear false witness.
- Thou shalt not copy or use proprietary software for which you have not paid.
- Thou shalt not use other people’s computer resources without authorization or proper compensation.
- Thou shalt not appropriate other people’s intellectual output.
- Thou shalt think about the social consequences of the program you are writing or the system you are designing.
- Thou shalt always use a computer in ways that ensure consideration and respect for your fellow humans.
JOIN THE CYBERSECURITY CLUB
Excelsior College Cybersecurity Club membership is open to:
- Students enrolled in any of these programs:
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Cyber Operations
- Undergraduate Cybersecurity Certificate
- Graduate Cybersecurity Management Certificate
- Master of Science in Cybersecurity
- Faculty members teaching in any of the above programs are also welcome and encouraged to join.
To join, click the button below to log into your MyExcelsior account where eligible enrolled Technology students and faculty can join the Cybersecurity Club.
The button below enrolls you in the Club and adds a link to it in your Blackboard My Courses list.
By joining you agree to abide by the Club’s ethical standards and code of conduct.